Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pet Sitting at Airventure?

Thanks for the productive feedback, Rick. That's certainly a good alternative for us for daytime activities. But most doggie day cares out there seem to close the doors by 6pm or so, and some of the evening OSH activities start right round then.

That was the only issue we ran into. The one we used closed at 6pm. They did open at 6am so we just got an early start and by 5pm we were done for the day so we were ready to get off our feet.

Are there any community boards at the campground that you might find some services? I see tons of bored teens roaming the campgrounds that look as if they would like to earn a buck.

What's the problem of leaving him alone in the RV for a few hours? When we had our two collies there we left them in the motorhome with the A/C blasting for a few hours at a time. They preferred it to being outside in the heat.

Quote Originally Posted by mazdaP5 View Post
    Are there any community boards at the campground that you might find some services? I see tons of bored teens roaming the campgrounds that look as if they would like to earn a buck.

Very good idea......

Quote Originally Posted by wyoranch View Post
    Very good idea......
    Yes. Good idea. I'll look around on the boards if we don't find anything by then.

dogs campiing

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    Strangebird, remember a dog doesn't have ear plugs, they can't put their hands over their ears and they have more sensitive hearing. As for traffic on the highway, I have driven 41 for 35 years and there are a few noisy trucks, but no Harriers or F16s or worse F22s on the highway, and no loud explosions.
    I know that lots of people may bring dogs, but I also seen people who bring kids, even infants with no hat, no sunglasses and no shade. The fact that someone else is blase doesn't make it right.
    And you say to lock a dog in a cage for hours doing the day. That might be ok on a cool cloudy day, but what about a 95* day in bright sun? I doubt if your cage is air conditioned.
    And I know it is illegal to lock a child unattended in a hot car, I would not be surprised if it is also illegal to do that to an animal.
    Bill:

Sounds like you just don't want dogs in the campground and I never ever said anything about leaving a dog in the hot sun, or in a car you really should not be making inference that you have no clue about and I have been in that campground for years it is not that noisy there from the airplanes.

See your private message we will watch your dog for you on Monday the 20th or Tuesday the 21st or both we will be in Camp Scholler with our Class A RV