Thread: Request for Daily Airshow Schedule be Available Online

Request for Daily Airshow Schedule be Available Online

I know Airventure Today has the planned performers listed for the day of publication, but there's a printed sheet that comes out daily at about noon that has a lot more information, and since it's prepared each morning after the performer briefing, it's more accurate.
    Right now it's only available in a printed sheet with limited distribution. I was wondering if it could be made available on line? I don't think there's any confidential information. Perhaps just add some boilerplate statement that it's subject to change to avoid any goofballs complaining that something didn't happen that was on the list.

The sheet I'm writing about is a grid with the sequence vertically. The columns are Sequence Number, Performer Name, Aircraft Type, Length of Performance (Minutes), Start Location (Air / Ground), Start Time, End Time.

Thanks

I know the exact sheets you are seeking for. I would love to see them distributed somehow as well, even if they were tweeted each day. I don't twiter, but I would for this.
    Right now I know they can be viewed at a window on Exhibit Building B, and out at the airshow briefing hut. My brother and I usually split the job of tracking it down and taking a picture to send to each other once they come out. Ever since the disaster of missing Hinton in Glacier Girl, one of us checks em every day without fail.
    ~Jim

We get a handful of them down in Vintage. Usually they're in the point shacks. If someone hasn't made off with my thumb tacks I tack them up on the outside. Otherwise they sit on the bench inside.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    We've posted the final lineup and performance order (though not necessarily the exact start/end times) on the web by noon ever day of AirVenture for the past couple of years. We also send (necessarily abbreviated) versions out via Twitter and our text message service at the same time.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Thanks Hal,
    I've seen the Tweets, but I haven't found them very useful. They get mixed in with other Tweets I get. When I have been able to get a copy of the sheet, I find it handy when going through my photos and video clips later to identify what, and who, were flying. (That reminds me. I have a lot of thumb tacks to return.) Kidding! I get the sheet elsewhere.

It may be nice to have a downloadable version available so we can see who's coming up without having to reload the web page. As you know, data connections can be intermittent during the convention. What is the page address?

While the start / stop times are nice to have, they aren't essential. The folks at EAA run what is probably the best timed show anywhere, so the times actually mean something. Of course the separate, nonintersecting runway is a big help, but keeping the performances on schedule with such diverse aircraft is an amazing task that is unappreciated by the vast majority of attendees.
    Last edited by PaulDow; 07-06-2015 at 11:29 AM.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Paul -

It'll be posted on the web in two places: The individual entries in the events calendar and on the Daily Air Show Schedule page.

To find the later, go to airventure.org (or eaa.org and click the AirVenture tab), then click Air Shows under Features and Attractions, and you'll see the Daily Air Show schedule link there.

Here's a direct link: http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/features-and-attractions/eaa-airventure-air-show/daily-air-show-schedule

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Thank you for that link, Hal, and for thereby confirming that there will be a Starship display on the Monday - hooray!