Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Airventure APP

I've got a few suggestions on the application functions.

I noticed that if an event is happening at the noon hour, the schedule says 0:00 PM, not 12:00 PM

From the happening "Now" page; that should probably say Starting Soon too. If I look at the events for items happening Now, that means I'll probably miss most of the event.

It would be nice to be able to sort the event items by time.

Can the items in the Featured section be dropped off the list when they've gone past?

Sorry for the long delay Hal. I really found that the app just was not very user friendly. On Wed for example my brother and I both did the update from within the app. Both showed a successful update. Yet when we clicked on the airshow lineup his showed completely different acts than mine. We tried this a couple of times during the week with similar results.

Also, there were a couple of vendors out there that I knew were out there but yet they didn't show up on the app. I found them walking through the buildings so I knew for sure they were out there but not listed.

Multiple times I clicked the happening now and nothing would show up. Or it would show stuff that was over already.

I updated it daily.

Every time I would click to view something and click back, either with the app back button or my phone back button, it would reset my sort order and take me back to the beginning of the list. Also, maybe I was doing something wrong but I couldn't see what time something was at unless I clicked it.

It was very frustrating and I found myself just using the website or guide that came with the program the vast majority of the time.

Like I said before I really found it to be not user friendly.

As for the WiFi, I tried everywhere. North 40, show center, by IAC, vintage, vendor hangars, membership services tent, main gate, flymart, warbirds, ultralight area. Just about everywhere. I always showed the EAAWIFI and EAAWIFI2 showed good signal strength but could never get it to connect. This was the same for my brother, cousin, son and wife.

I don't want to whine because I had an awesome time out there again this year and it was one of the better years in recent history in my opinion. But when EAA is pushing the app and talking up the WiFi coverage I expected better.

The app was really minimal. The search on it was somewhat loopy and it would be nice to find what building an exhibitor was in without having to zoom up the tiny little map so you could see which building the pin was placed on. Also on my buddy's android, the maps didn't appear at all for some reason. Did this get tested on a regular phone or was everybody using a iPhone 6+ or something?

The app worked great on my Samsung s4. I liked that I could put forums into my plan and use the map and gps to locate the forum location and then compare where I was and where I needed to go. I will say it was easier for me to look at the Airventure today paper and see what was listed for the day and then add it to my plan on my phone. The search function could use a little tweaking but all in all I liked it.

The S4 is HUGE compared with most people's smart phones, hell it's bigger even than an iphone6.

The app was borderline unusable on my 4S.

Suggestion for next year, Hal: Search/sort by presenters' names. There are lot of folks that I'd like to see, but have no idea what the title of their forums might be.

Besides, it might save you an email from the panicked chairman of another aviation organization.
    Anxiety is nature's way of telling you that you've already goofed up.