Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Airventure APP

Airventure APP

Hal, maybe I missed it, but will there be an app this year? Thanks in advance. Glenn
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Yes, it's in the final stages of testing now. As soon as we get the last bugs knocked down, we'll hand the iOS version off to Apple. From there, it just depends on how long their approval process takes. The Android version is following close behind.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

If you need beta testers, there are a few of us here who would love to help.
    Jeff Point
    RV-6 and RLU-1 built & flying
    Tech Counselor, Flight Advisor & President, EAA Chapter 18
    Milwaukee, WI
    "It All Started Here!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Point View Post
    If you need beta testers, there are a few of us here who would love to help.
    Me too Hal, and good luck with Apple, been down that road with my app, but of course I don't have the pull EAA does
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

Just downloaded the 2015 Airventure app to both my iPad and iPhone. Already adding forums to My Plan. I like the location map that appears when an item is selected. Don't like that you have to select the item and then > to find out what time it is scheduled. Items are listed chronologically, but must be selected to find out the specific time.

My schedule is already filling up! See you there! Pat

schedule data

Quote Originally Posted by Pat1White View Post
    Just downloaded the 2015 Airventure app to both my iPad and iPhone. Already adding forums to My Plan. I like the location map that appears when an item is selected. Don't like that you have to select the item and then > to find out what time it is scheduled. Items are listed chronologically, but must be selected to find out the specific time.

My schedule is already filling up! See you there! Pat

So does the App have the data for the schedule items such as the author and presentation description. Both items are helpful in figuring out what the real audience and interest is in a specific presentation. Wish that data was on the schedule section of the website!

Downloaded the app. Looks good, BUT… is it possible that there is s host video or something somewhere that explains how to use it. Others here seem to have grasped it intuitively. I can probably figure most of it out, but I think I might miss out on a lot of what it can do without a bit of instruction.
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

Suggestion for the next revision. When looking at the Forums page for a particular day, sure would be nice to see the start time (without having to drill down for more info). Maybe at the start of the two line extended description. The same applies to the other "Attraction" sections.

I don't see the Warbirds Forums. Is there a reason for this -- or is the reason my inability to figure it out.
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

Chris,

Using a finger, drag down on the main screen to expose the search field. Then simply type "warbirds in review" into the search field and then tap "search". It will take you to all the warbird in review sessions.

Russ Zimmerman
    EAA Member #292524
    "Thanks Paul"