Thread: Tailwheel tow bar made from an old Crutch

Tailwheel tow bar made from an old Crutch

I recall reading about an easily constructed tailwheel pull bar made from a crutch. The article was in a Sport Aviation a while back, I think Sept 2010 was the issue but may be wrong. I tried searching for a copy but can't seem to find anything. I know I save all my old issues but sure can't seem to find this particular article.

I am wanting to make something light and it will be for a 170 Cessna that my son recently purchased. If anyone has a copy of the article they could scan or post I would be appreciative!

I am also wanting to make him a bracket for mounting on the gear leg for tire removal. I know this is easily done but someone out there may have a better idea than I do.

Thank you.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Here you go - see the .PDF attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Thank you Hal!!! Exactly what I was looking for.
    Keith

Just yesterday I was looking all over for this myself. But Hal I can not open that link you posted. Not sure what to do. Anyway you can post this so it does not have to be opened?

Thanks in advance.

Tony S.

Quote Originally Posted by 1600vw View Post
    ... I can not open that link you posted. Not sure what to do. Anyway you can post this so it does not have to be opened? ...
    That's a Portable Document Format file. PDFs are a widely-used way to send documents, because they maintain the original documents' formatting and image quality.

To open a PDF, you'll need either Adobe Acrobat Reader (https://get.adobe.com/reader/) or one of several other free programs that read PDF files. I prefer Foxit Reader (https://www.foxitsoftware.com/products/pdf-reader/), which is also free.