Thread: "My Itinerary" website function

"My Itinerary" website function

Has anyone else had problems with the "My Itinerary" function on the website? After logging in, if I start going through the schedule, and adding a bunch of forums and other events to my itinerary, when I go back later, I see that only maybe 50-60% of the ones I added actually made it to my itinerary.

To make sure I wasn't going crazy, I even tried doing this - if someone else has time, maybe they can try to do the same and see what happens:

- Search for an event that is given multiple times, say "Sheet Metal 101" for example.
    - Click on "Add to My Itinerary" on some or all of the events that pop up. Be sure to wait for the spinny circle to change to "Event has been added to your itinerary".
    - Check on "My Itinerary" and see that not all of the events have been added.
    - Search again for the same event (i.e. "Sheet Metal 101") and observe that some, but not all, of the events you previously added still say "Add to My Itinerary" (as opposed to "Remove from my itinerary" which is what they should show if they were correctly added).

I've tried both with the browser on my Android tablet and also using Chrome on my Win 7 desktop PC, and it behaves the same on both platforms; the event is sometimes, but not always, added correctly.

Anyone else seeing this behavior? Maybe I should do what I have done in the past, which is just cut & paste forums I'd like to see into a google doc, but I was thinking this "My Itinerary" feature could be easier to use.

Thanks,
    Steve

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Hi Steve - Our IT and digital teams are looking into this now. Thanks for the heads-up, and sorry for the terribly frustrating experience!

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Steve - Can you go back to EAA.org and login and see if your itinerary is complete now? As it turns out, there's a bit of a performance issue with how the site indexes (and reindexes) the database as you add items to the itinerary, but, if you give it a bit of time, they will show up. This is something that we hope to address in the near future.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Managing Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bryan View Post
    Steve - Can you go back to EAA.org and login and see if your itinerary is complete now? As it turns out, there's a bit of a performance issue with how the site indexes (and reindexes) the database as you add items to the itinerary, but, if you give it a bit of time, they will show up. This is something that we hope to address in the near future.
    Thanks Hal, yes, the events that I remember adding now appear to be there, so I assume they all are. I think what was confusing is that after adding a bunch of events to the itinerary, SOME of them were there, but not all. And it's not like only the ones I added first were there (which might have prompted me to just wait a bit) - it seemed totally random in that some of the later events I clicked on were listed, but some of the events I had clicked on earlier were not. But I'll keep trying and will try to be a little patient when checking.

Steve

Thanks for your patience with our site's weird behavior - we're really hoping to get this addressed soon.

Hal

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Managing Editor

Hal, phone app this year? Glenn
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

Quote Originally Posted by gbrasch View Post
    Hal, phone app this year? Glenn
    Yes - with a ton of bug fixes from last year. In the final stages of testing now.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Managing Editor