Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EAA needs your vote!

I am a volunteer and donor and If anyone has any interest in seeing how the money is spent I would like to invite you to join me during Oshkosh. The EAA has touched the lives of many underprivileged local youth and gave them a positive learning experience and a personal sense of accomplishment to achieve goals that they believed were out of their grasp. I am proud to assist in EAA Aviation youth programs! Just Pm me. You just can't understand untill a kid hugs you and tells you thanks for the oppertunity. One kid is going to the Air Force Academy and another is on her way to be a aeronautical enginer. Yes, I am proud of them and we will always be freinds!!
    Last edited by RV8505; 03-25-2012 at 10:14 PM.

Great Discussion Guys,

Nice to see that the money was spread around to many worthy causes in the Fox Valley including EAA. Now for all of you who voted yes and don't live in the Fox Valley how about writing a check to one of your local community non-profit organizations?!!!

Joe

Joe, If you have any doubts to come to Oshkosh and PM me and I'll show you around KidVenture! The kids are great! Very diverse backgrounds and social economic levels. Donating money is fine but the best thing you could ever give any non profit is your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe LaMantia View Post
    Great Discussion Guys,

Nice to see that the money was spread around to many worthy causes in the Fox Valley including EAA. Now for all of you who voted yes and don't live in the Fox Valley how about writing a check to one of your local community non-profit organizations?!!!

Joe
    You assume that those of us that voted for EAA do not make donations to local organizations. Your assumption is wrong. Also donate time locally and about 100 hours per year to EAA. You?

RV8505 & Dave,

Actually I don't have any doubts about Oshkosh or any Wisconsin community, since I was born in Wis and lived most of my life there I know the spirit of the people and EAA. I have been involved in a reading mentoring program in our school system, it only cost me my time. The inter-action is GREAT! The kids do grow and many who don't have the advantage of 2 parents at home enjoy the one-on-one interaction with a man old enough to be their grandfather. In addition, I donate both time and $ to the local food pantry which has been under a lot of pressure these past couple of years. I assume that most of the guys on any EAA thread are people who like to get involved in helping people, it's a big part of EAA and the aviation community in general.

Joe