Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where is everyone?

I am trying to think of some good controversial subject, but having a hard time, it just isn't coming up redily.

Ok, here's sort of one, What ever happened to the wicked witch of the North 40 who was the subject of many complaints a few years back?

Bill,
    Gonna open that one up? lol Thats cold

Well, it'll all be Ohhhhh Kayyyyyy in just a few short weeks.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

Hmmm! I'll be traveling to and from Japan arriving back in Wisconsin July 21, rest up on the 22 (my birthday) and head to Oshkosh later in the week hoping for good flying weather. If not I'll be flying my Ranger pickup...but I'll be there.
    Mike
    If God had intended man to fly He would have given us more money!

Since we are trying to build some traffic here...
    1) it appears there has been enough rain that there will be no campfire bans in Scholler, right?
    2) Has the weather in WI been cool to normal? Hopefully not warm enough for an algae bloom on Lake Winnebago?

Campfire smores and swimming at the seaplane base are apparently traditions that are important to my kids. I am pretty excited by the line up for this year (other than that Doc is nt going to be ready, but as long as they still plan to bring her I can wait as many years as it takes).
    I also saw some mention on FB about a dusk F-4 flight during the Saturday night airshow, but nothing I see on the EAA site officially mentions it.

Ran off by other pilots. I had the wind let out of my sails by other pilots. Started flying a few years ago and was so excited to learn and participate in forums such as this. To only have other pilots or members of said forums ridicule every world. I call them snobs.

snob
    snäb/
    noun
    noun: snob; plural noun: snobs
    a person with an exaggerated respect for high social position or wealth who seeks to associate with social superiors and dislikes people or activities regarded as lower-class.

People will say " well it's the type A personalities " I call BS to that. I believe others see this too and just circle in the waters and never want to enter the shark invested area's. When you do you open yourself up to all sorts of ridicule. I myself don't need the crap. But I jump in feet first anyway. If you do not believe me just visit some of the forums I am on and follow some of my threads.

Now we have those who never have this problem. Those will be the ones who will tell you I am all wet here. I also believe a lot of this has to do with people hiding behind screen names. If people had to use thier " real " name they might treat others a little different. For you never know when you might meet the person you just commented to in "real" life or in the real world.

Tony Sweet

Quote Originally Posted by 1600vw View Post
    Ran off by other pilots. I had the wind let out of my sails by other pilots. Started flying a few years ago and was so excited to learn and participate in forums such as this. To only have other pilots or members of said forums ridicule every world. I call them snobs.

snob
    snäb/
    noun
    noun: snob; plural noun: snobs
    a person with an exaggerated respect for high social position or wealth who seeks to associate with social superiors and dislikes people or activities regarded as lower-class.

People will say " well it's the type A personalities " I call BS to that. I believe others see this too and just circle in the waters and never want to enter the shark invested area's. When you do you open yourself up to all sorts of ridicule. I myself don't need the crap. But I jump in feet first anyway. If you do not believe me just visit some of the forums I am on and follow some of my threads.

Now we have those who never have this problem. Those will be the ones who will tell you I am all wet here. I also believe a lot of this has to do with people hiding behind screen names. If people had to use thier " real " name they might treat others a little different. For you never know when you might meet the person you just commented to in "real" life or in the real world.

Tony Sweet
    Tony,
    I do agree that occasionally things get heated, but as a rule the people on here are really great. They want to and do help, inform, advise etc..... I have asked a few 'noob' questions and have received nothing but thoughtful advice. I look forward to all the excitement, questions and chatter about AV. I don't think that the couple of hard cases are keeping the chatter down, it just seems lacking as a whole.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by CarlOrton View Post
    Then again, we've received very FEW queries about how things are done, etc. Perhaps they are finding the answers from the archives or airventure.org. But then again, we're not seeing the "Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy - it's only x days to Oshkosh" or "Given the current weather patterns, should I fly over the lake or go around?" threads.
    Carl, you're right, it does seem more quiet than previous years. I don't mind if that's because people are finding the information on the website or in the archives - I work at a European university, and I'm not used to seeing people ask questions that 5 seconds of research (literally, less time than typing the question) would have answered. As to the 'Boy Oh Boy' topics: I've always been surprised at how this forum does *not* discuss expected aircraft participation, contrary to what most airshow-related or aviation-enthusiasts-run forums do. That's fine by me (there is now a thread-of-sorts on WIX), but then I don't go to an airshow-related forum to discuss what brat I should put on the barbie on the Thursday either...
    Best,
    Roger

What brat are you putting on the barbie Thursday? Is it the same as you will use on Tuesday? It is Wisconsin and this could be an important question. A wrong choice might set you on the "outs" with the snobs. ;-)
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

Quote Originally Posted by wyoranch View Post
    Carl,
    Oh boy oh boy oh boy there are only 25 days till Oshkosh. I am driving and there is a lot of construction should I take I-90 or I-94?
    I am sorry I could not resist....
    Rick
    Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy--it's only 24 days to Oshkosh. Given the weather patterns, should I take the northern route or the southern route? There's a 3 minute difference. Actually, I think I'll go 2 days early, so only 22 days. Ack! I guess I should start packing!

Cary
    "I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...,
    put out my hand and touched the face of God." J.G. Magee