Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where is everyone?

Where is everyone?

Here we are about 3 1/2 wks before Convention, and this place is eerily quiet. In past years, this area of the forums always had at least 5-8 topic threads going-on at any one time.

People make 2-5 replies to a thread and then it just dies.

Somethin's going on....

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

They are all packing! And here at HQ, we are all scrambling! 26 days out!

Well Zack, I am a little disappointed. Hal said he would walk across the field but he won't climb the 50 foot ladder to clean the lens on the web cam so we could watch it year round.

It does seem a little quiet. Myself, I have been up to my elbows in grease and grime to be sure the annual (and associated maintenance) is complete a week earlier than usual!
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

Banned
    Carl,

I don't want this to sound glib in any way, but perhaps, just perhaps some of the regular contributors who have provided many responses/answers in the past 4 plus years are a little tired of spewing the same info to the same questions year after year.

Quite frankly, answers to most of the questions and queries here are easily found by a quick glance and scroll at the AirVenture website. Maybe people are going to the site first to get answers.

Well, last weekend we were all busy at the Udvar-Hazy flyin (including several of the chairs from Vintage, one from FLO, and a bunch of the random flight line people). This coming weekend I'll be at the Navion Society flyin at EZF.

Floats, that's an entirely logical response, and it makes sense.

I find it odd, though, why this year would be any different than past years. Even though it might be repetitious, I'd venture that most of us really don't mind helping out a first-timer, even if it's been discussed the past 10 years. Then again, we've received very FEW queries about how things are done, etc. Perhaps they are finding the answers from the archives or airventure.org. But then again, we're not seeing the "Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy - it's only x days to Oshkosh" or "Given the current weather patterns, should I fly over the lake or go around?" threads. I just thought it seemed quiet.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

I've been at work a lot. I'll be in Oshkosh for the opening day though.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlOrton View Post
    Floats, that's an entirely logical response, and it makes sense.

I find it odd, though, why this year would be any different than past years. Even though it might be repetitious, I'd venture that most of us really don't mind helping out a first-timer, even if it's been discussed the past 10 years. Then again, we've received very FEW queries about how things are done, etc. Perhaps they are finding the answers from the archives or airventure.org. But then again, we're not seeing the "Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy - it's only x days to Oshkosh" or "Given the current weather patterns, should I fly over the lake or go around?" threads. I just thought it seemed quiet.
    Carl,
    Oh boy oh boy oh boy there are only 25 days till Oshkosh. I am driving and there is a lot of construction should I take I-90 or I-94?
    I am sorry I could not resist....
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by CarlOrton View Post
    I find it odd, though, why this year would be any different than past years. ...
    I notice the same thing on another type-specific board I look at.