Hello,

I have been researching aircraft as I am looking to get into airshow flying and competition aerobatics. I am looking for an aircraft that I could potentially use to compete up to unlimited. I am trying to avoid needing to upgrade aircraft over the long term. I am a commercial pilot with high performance experience.

From my research and budget I am considering the following aircraft.

Extra 300 - You can find this at a quite reasonable price $140k and from what I hear they are very solid flyers up to advanced category. Some WAC competitors mentioning that it actually is a better acro flyer than the 300L.

Extra 300S (early 90's model) - You can find some of these at reasonable prices. Does anyone know how these fly compared to the 300? I know they are lighter but are they much better than the 300? Would the 300S be competitive in Unlimited or is it a better advanced flyer like the 300?

Su-26M - From what I can tell this is probably the most available and inexpensive unlimited aircraft today. From my research these can be pretty cost effective to operate, considering engine overhaul etc.

Su-29 - Seems interesting but doesn't look to be a competitor in Unlimited.

Yak-55m - Looks to be the absolute best bang for dollar but not able to compete at unlimited class. I also hear these are not the best for cross country due to the lack of leg room. Is it not worth paying up for the other aircraft listed above?

Planning on flying airshows I do need something that, relative to aerobatics planes, is good for cross country trips, especially since I will be flying over the Rocky Mountains often.

Any input, suggestions and experience with regard to these aircraft would be greatly appreciated. My budget is around plus or minus $160k US.

Thanks in advance!