Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to the aviation world and the forum... ready to jump in and have questions!

I am in north Dallas and planning to get private pilot license. I appreciate if anyone could give me any suggestion on flight training, such as good instructor, or school. Thanks.

Congratulations on making the decision on taking the plunge into this wonderful world of aviation. Right now your biggest problem is that you don't know what you don't know. As connected as society is in the 21st Century, GA is still very much a "who you know" not "what you know" world.

Beat the bushes and see what aviation groups are around you. EAA chapters are good, maybe a Texas Pilots Association chapter, many airports have a Saturday morning coffee group, something like that. Then attend fairly regularly. Once people know you're serious, doors will open. Partnerships, shared hangars, airplanes for sale before they are advertised are all benefits for getting to know the pilot community around you.

Right now you don't know what kind of flying you'll be doing. It's hard to make those decisions when you don't know what's available to you yet. So, I'd suggest starting out renting. If an ownership option presents itself to you prior to finishing, nothing says you can't jump on it and continue your training in your own bird.

It's good to be eager, but don't be hasty. Enjoy!

Thanks for your suggestion. I joined the EAA chapter in north Dallas, it seems a lot of fun. Yes, currently, I will start renting aircraft and getting my private pilot license is my short term goal.