Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Camping question

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Janssens View Post
    Since this thread seems to deal with camping question*s*, here is another one: a friend and I, travelling together in one car, intend to share one campsite. Since we are flying across the Atlantic and have to pack our tent(s), sleeping bags, etc. into our one-suitcase-each, along with our clothes, we are each bringing our own small tent - we couldn't fit a tent holding the two of us in either suitcase. According to the General Camping Guidelines, this means we need to rent two campsites? 60 feet by 20 feet to hold one car and two tents that together are smaller than most tents, even storage tents, described above?)
    thats a rule that's usually not strictly enforced. If you can fit everything on a single site, usually nobody will care.

bob
    --
    Bob Leffler
    RV-10 Flying
    www.mykitlog.com/rleffler

Quote Originally Posted by Cary View Post
    DO NOT fall for any garbage about "this tent is self supporting and requires no guy lines", thinking you won't need to stake it.
    Cary
    I don't know, I've found them to be fairly well self supporting. Over the years I've seen several of them crossing Scholler in "tumbleweed" mode.

Oh, you meant you wanted it to still be where you left it?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dclaxon View Post
    I don't know, I've found them to be fairly well self supporting. Over the years I've seen several of them crossing Scholler in "tumbleweed" mode.

Oh, you meant you wanted it to still be where you left it?

Dave
    it is always a plus when you get to your tent and it is still there where you left it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Janssens View Post
    Since this thread seems to deal with camping question*s*, here is another one: a friend and I, travelling together in one car, intend to share one campsite. Since we are flying across the Atlantic and have to pack our tent(s), sleeping bags, etc. into our one-suitcase-each, along with our clothes, we are each bringing our own small tent - we couldn't fit a tent holding the two of us in either suitcase. According to the General Camping Guidelines, this means we need to rent two campsites? 60 feet by 20 feet to hold one car and two tents that together are smaller than most tents, even storage tents, described above?
    (By the way, I bought my tent in a general supermarket on the way to a British airshow when I realised I'd forgotten my old tent at home. If I'm not mistaken, it cost me c.50 USD, but it has now served me through 4 or 5 AirVentures, and the only time I've got wet was when I got caught in a downpour while setting up the tent - even an economy car can be a really convenient windbreak.)
    To answer without incriminating ourselves. In our younger days we'd have anywhere from 10-15 people using one site, cars parked remotely. Now that we're older and make more money we'll be heading up to stake off 6 adjoining sites next week. I wouldn't worry about a car and two tents on one site.

Thanks for your replies!