Like the title says, this'll be my first time to Oshkosh after a childhood of wanting to go. I'll be driving, unfortunately, but that's not a problem - I'm just excited to be going!

Thinking of making the 7.5hr drive starting early Tuesday AM (like, 4-5am) and leaving Sat at noon. I'm a Pitts guy so the 70th anniversary is a big draw along with the forums and workshops associated with it. Hoping to see "Doc" alongside "Fifi" as well. Is this long enough? I need to be back Sunday but I could possibly stretch the arrival sooner. I know, you never see everything, but I'd like to not feel cramped for time.

2. On camping and parking: I'll need to park the truck of course, but the parking page on EAA site says "no overnight parking is allowed in EAA parking lots." So my parking pass is only good during the day? Do I even need a parking pass - in some aerial pics it seems that you park on Camp Scholler alongside the tent?

3. I'm buying admission, camping, and parking passes. Anything else I'm forgetting that I need to buy beforehand? Does this cover all the bases?