well, well, well. ignore engineers, environmental scientists, butterfly-counters and roughnecks. just ask the lawyers. why don't we increase efficiency and run the entire government that way? what? we DO? never mind.
The wording in some of the regulations can be interpreted many different ways. I will be posting a white paper in the near future that explains the situation and the way we have interpreted it. Suffice it to say, as long as our process is followed, it will be considered non-hazardous.

BTW, typical vodka is, by definition of the EPA, considered hazardous waste. Our waste effluent is less than half of the concentration. The low concentration is a big factor as to why it no longer considered hazardous.

much more is affected than just the alcohol content +octane drop
Please, share your sources of information as I am finding it difficult to come up with good reliable sources. Most anyone with credibility is very reluctant to discuss it because of the potential economic impacts it has on their company and/or the industry. Furthermore, none of those people will tell you the real truth for fear of a lawsuit. Every one of them will tell you the most conservative answer they can (which is "don't do it" in most cases). This is where real data comes in...it would be great to know what the truth is, but no one is willing to share...and for understandable reasons.

A good example: I recently had an email discussion with a guy that has written a few articles for General Avication News, and he admitted that he is not in the industry, has never been and he has found exactly ONE source willing to discuss the topic with him, but nothing that relates to proprietary formulations or anything. He didn't have much basis for his writings other than what he has read online, and virtually no legitimate sources. Be careful what you read online or in magazines...anyone can write for those things!

One thing I can tell you is that we have and are continuing to do a lot of testing using third party labs (we do not have the equipment in house...it is large and expensive, as was noted), and we are working to get backing from Arizona State University to have them do studies and provide information as to what the negative affects are of removing the ethanol, what it does to the fuel, and what the environmental/economic impacts may be. I will be posting those results as well, but some of those things are time consuming as you can imagine.

Over the years I've probably heard every possible method people have tried toremove the alcohol from gas - And aside from the professional fuel purifyingcompanies who have access to chemicals and testing to certify fuel, all havecaused unnecessary damage to their engines by running the washed,"tainted" contaminated fuel.
I would love to see your report on what people have done, how long it took for engine damage to occur, and what testing was done to correlate the damage to the fuel. Do you have a copy you could post on here or email to me?

Thanks