Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonex down at Osh. Two dead..R.I.P.

Sonex down at Osh. Two dead..R.I.P.

Jeremy Monnett was one. R.I.P. Very sad day.

I'm...just...devastated...by this news. How awful. Jeremy was a friend who was always thrilled to see you. Nothing I type can begin to address how I feel.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

Quote Originally Posted by CarlOrton View Post
    I'm...just...devastated...by this news. How awful. Jeremy was a friend who was always thrilled to see you. Nothing I type can begin to address how I feel.
    I agree. So very sad.

Tony

What a great loss for the Oshkosh area and the aviation community as a whole. You will be greatly missed Jeremy. God Speed.

Sad and shocking.

I just have a sick feeling upon reading this news. My sincerest condolences to John and the rest of the family.

Chris (builder and former owner of Sonex #260)

I would like to hear the cause of this as I am sure many would. If this can happen to these men this can happen to anyone. Be safe out there enjoying our Hobby/Sport. I may not know any of you but it still hurts when this happens.

Tony

What a sad day for the EAA family. I am sure in due time initial findings and a full report will come out, however I am left wondering how much of a contributor the proximity of the Oshkosh military vehicles played in this. I have attended OSH only as a spectator not a pilot so it is hard to judge how close the vehicles actually are. This incident and the one with the Breezy at the convention last year may have had better outcomes if the vehicles where not there.