Thread: Glasiar Hyd Pum Parts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Glasiar Hyd Pum Parts

Hello,

I own a Glasair 1rg and am looking for an old oildyne 180 pump or any replacement parts for that pump.

Thanks

Steve

It's been a few years since I worked on GlasAir 1 hydraulics, but if I remember correctly, wasn't that hydraulic power pack the same unit as was used for the power tilt in OMC marine outdrives? I think that's your source for the hydraulic pump and parts.

-Cub Builder

There is a lot of information on the Glasair forum over at Glastarnet.org. It's $40 year, but so far has been well worth that investment for the information I've been given and connections I've made.

I recently rebuilt the hydraulic system on my Glasair II RG, I know it all too well at this point. Same basic setup as yours most likely. The "hydraulic pump" actually consists of 4 main parts. The motor, the housing, the pump, and the reservoir. Collectively referred to as a Power Unit.

You probably need some portion of the Power Unit, but not everything. The main issue is that you a) need to go through a distributor and b) need "boat motor" power unit parts.

Do not contact Oildyne directly for help, they will not sell parts for or answer questions about experimental aircraft. I did not realize that when I first bought the plane and asked them a few questions. I'm now on the do not respond to list.

I pretty much have all the parts that I will hopefully need for a long time and the part numbers probably won't change.

Feel free to send me an email directly morhall @ gmail will get you to me. I feel like I've been through most of the issues with the power unit that you can expect. Not fun.

Morgan

Ed Glasair 1RG owner

Quote Originally Posted by wittlukecam View Post
    Hello,

I own a Glasair 1rg and am looking for an old oildyne 180 pump or any replacement parts for that pump.

Thanks

Steve
    Steve I have a complete 80s vintage Glasair 1RG. TT900. I will sell parts. Currently I am traveling and can provide specifications in about a week. Sooner if time is of essence. Ed

Steve I have a complete 80s vintage Glasair 1RG. TT900. I will sell parts. Currently I am traveling and can provide specifications in about a week. Sooner if time is of essence. Ed

Thanks

Ed, please let me know if you have an opildyne hydraulic pump for your glasair. My email is stevenester@me.com Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Glasair View Post

The pumps are parker pumps, you will find the same pump in their catalogue. Tell them you need one for your boat and do make the effort to set the bypass valve settings yourself. My pump came with the settings ordered, but they were not even close.