Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: experimental exhibition catagory

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Zeitlin View Post
    ...If I were the OP, I'd read the 8130.2H order cover to cover and see if I were willing to deal with the restrictions imposed on an EE aircraft, instead of an E/AB aircraft.
    As the former owner of an EE aircraft, I concur completely with Mr Zeitlin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
    As the former owner of an EE aircraft, I concur completely with Mr Zeitlin.
    Can you describe what kind of flying you did, how you managed the limitations, and what you told the buyer about EE when you sold it?

Quote Originally Posted by denniswolf View Post
    Can you describe what kind of flying you did, how you managed the limitations, and what you told the buyer about EE when you sold it?
    Nope. Face to face one on one after frisking you but not in writing and definitely not electronically. Sorry. Going to SunNFun?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
    Nope. Face to face one on one after frisking you but not in writing and definitely not electronically. Sorry. Going to SunNFun?
    Understood. I am planning to be at SnF.

Great, check the forums schedule and we'll meet, Denniswolf. Be glad to speak with you about it. CFAA 7, 0900 Tuesday or Thursday.
    Last edited by Mike M; 03-09-2017 at 06:30 AM.

I would like to bring this thread to life and learn more about the direction it look. I am also considering purchasing a Sling 4 that's located in South Africa but not sure and very unfamiliar about the arrangements of bringing an aircraft to the US and how to register it. The factory advised me to reach out to the local FAA office but from what I've read, there's no standards on registering as EE.

Any advices for me?
    Thanks
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by cirruspilot View Post
    I would like to bring this thread to life and learn more about the direction it look. I am also considering purchasing a Sling 4 that's located in South Africa but not sure and very unfamiliar about the arrangements of bringing an aircraft to the US and how to register it. The factory advised me to reach out to the local FAA office but from what I've read, there's no standards on registering as EE.

Any advices for me?
    If Sling is marketing fully completed airplanes to the US using EE rules to skirt the normal rules simply so they can sell completed airplanes to buyers, it's going to be a tough sell with the feds.

BROKERING. Section 21.191(d) was not intended to allow for
    the brokering or marketing of experimental aircraft. This
    includes individuals who manufacture, import, or assemble
    aircraft, and then apply for and receive experimental exhibition
    airworthiness certificates, so they can sell the aircraft to
    buyers.

Brnging this old thread to life as a lot has changed in regulations. EE op limits for small aircraft are about same as amateur built now, other than a annual fax to FSDO listing where you intend (no requirement to go to any) to exhibit. My Cessna C172 has EE with its V8 engine and my kid is training for PPL in it, which is allowed as long as no compensation occurs. It cost less than $20 USD per hour to fly and far outperforms original engine, and ops limits really are not a problem.