Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: experimental exhibition catagory

  1. #11

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    FA40
    Posts
    708
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Zeitlin View Post
    ...If I were the OP, I'd read the 8130.2H order cover to cover and see if I were willing to deal with the restrictions imposed on an EE aircraft, instead of an E/AB aircraft.
    As the former owner of an EE aircraft, I concur completely with Mr Zeitlin.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
    As the former owner of an EE aircraft, I concur completely with Mr Zeitlin.
    Can you describe what kind of flying you did, how you managed the limitations, and what you told the buyer about EE when you sold it?

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    FA40
    Posts
    708
    Quote Originally Posted by denniswolf View Post
    Can you describe what kind of flying you did, how you managed the limitations, and what you told the buyer about EE when you sold it?
    Nope. Face to face one on one after frisking you but not in writing and definitely not electronically. Sorry. Going to SunNFun?

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
    Nope. Face to face one on one after frisking you but not in writing and definitely not electronically. Sorry. Going to SunNFun?
    Understood. I am planning to be at SnF.

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    FA40
    Posts
    708
    Great, check the forums schedule and we'll meet, Denniswolf. Be glad to speak with you about it. CFAA 7, 0900 Tuesday or Thursday.
    Last edited by Mike M; 03-09-2017 at 06:30 AM.

  6. #16
    I would like to bring this thread to life and learn more about the direction it look. I am also considering purchasing a Sling 4 that's located in South Africa but not sure and very unfamiliar about the arrangements of bringing an aircraft to the US and how to register it. The factory advised me to reach out to the local FAA office but from what I've read, there's no standards on registering as EE.

    Any advices for me?
    Thanks
    Alex

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Clarklake, MI
    Posts
    1,981
    Quote Originally Posted by cirruspilot View Post
    I would like to bring this thread to life and learn more about the direction it look. I am also considering purchasing a Sling 4 that's located in South Africa but not sure and very unfamiliar about the arrangements of bringing an aircraft to the US and how to register it. The factory advised me to reach out to the local FAA office but from what I've read, there's no standards on registering as EE.

    Any advices for me?
    If Sling is marketing fully completed airplanes to the US using EE rules to skirt the normal rules simply so they can sell completed airplanes to buyers, it's going to be a tough sell with the feds.

    BROKERING. Section 21.191(d) was not intended to allow for
    the brokering or marketing of experimental aircraft. This
    includes individuals who manufacture, import, or assemble
    aircraft, and then apply for and receive experimental exhibition
    airworthiness certificates, so they can sell the aircraft to
    buyers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •