Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Updating operating limitations?

Got a response from the FAA today, saying, "Please contact us to arrange for an office visit with me. Please bring all required documentation with you. Our office main telephone number is..."

I guess I need to call him. Silly me, thinking email would be easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    ....Please bring all required documentation with you.....
    A phone call to ask what "all required documentation" includes would be helpful.

What the "inspector" requires may be more than what you think is required by the regs. Take your aircraft logs and any other documentation you have BUT LEAVE IT IN THE CAR if you don't think you need it. Only take the documents inside they've specifically requested or you think you will need. (Definitely take AWC, Registration, and OL.) Both times I've had my OLs revised, the inspector asked about my aircraft logs. They clearly are NOT needed to revise an OL, but if you take them in with you they probably will look at them and I've rarely seen an experimental aircraft log that is perfect. If there's something incorrectly entered or worded, they may find it and may make an issue of it. If you have them with you, you can go back out and get them if their absence becomes a show stopper. But, if they don't demand them, don't let them know you've got them with you. Give them what they need, but nothing more.