Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FAA not accepting E-AB applications

FAA not accepting E-AB applications

I am getting word that the FAA has announced to DARs that "certifications on amateur built and light sport aircraft are suspended". Has anyone else recieved anything from the FAA regarding this? This is from a DAR.

No I have'nt heard anything yet, But I sure hope not I have a AB plane that will be effected.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Norris View Post
    I am getting word that the FAA has announced to DARs that "certifications on amateur built and light sport aircraft are suspended". Has anyone else recieved anything from the FAA regarding this? This is from a DAR.
    Haven't heard anything on it, hopefully Hal and Charlie can chime in at some point.

However, a couple times in the past, the FAA has suspended EAB kit evaluations... looking at the new kits, and deciding whether they meet the 51% rule. This doesn't stop individual EABs from being licensed.

Not saying that's the issue, just that it has happened in the past and could be what's started the rumor.

Ron Wanttaja

The silents is deafening.

Tony
    Last edited by 1600vw; 05-12-2015 at 10:16 AM.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    This is the first I've heard of it. I'm looking into it now, and asking Charlie or Tom to chime in as soon as possible.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bryan View Post
    This is the first I've heard of it. I'm looking into it now, and asking Charlie or Tom to chime in as soon as possible.
    You are the man, Thanks Hal. I hope this is just a rumor. I have a friend who is almost done with his Zenith 750.

Thanks again Hal.

Tony

Just got off the phone with the FAA aircraft certification staff in DC. There is nothing coming from their office to this effect, and to their knowledge there is no such directive coming from any other office at FAA. I do know of several individual DARs who had some questions over the wording of the new Order 8130.2H (the guidance on aircraft certification) and had temporarily postponed inspections until those questions were cleared up, but there is no FAA-level moratorium. If a DAR does have questions, they should contact their managing office right away.
    Tom Charpentier
    Government Relations Director
    EAA Lifetime #1082006 | Vintage #722921

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Charpentier View Post
    Just got off the phone with the FAA aircraft certification staff in DC. There is nothing coming from their office to this effect, and to their knowledge there is no such directive coming from any other office at FAA. I do know of several individual DARs who had some questions over the wording of the new Order 8130.2H (the guidance on aircraft certification) and had temporarily postponed inspections until those questions were cleared up, but there is no FAA-level moratorium. If a DAR does have questions, they should contact their managing office right away.
    Great news Tom. Thanks for taking the time to address this.

Tony

This is coming from the Portland (Hillsboro) Oregon FSDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Norris View Post
    This is coming from the Portland (Hillsboro) Oregon FSDO.
    I would say with what Tom posted this FSDO is getting LAZY and not wanting to do anything, or maybe its just too nice out and they want to take the summer off.