Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Else Have Fun This Weekend?

Anyone Else Have Fun This Weekend?

Ron Wanttaja

Yup, even with the engine trouble I'm having. It was the first time I've been able to fly without a heavy jacket on since I bought the plane.

Yessirrr!!!....A lunch flight in the Cessna on Saturday, and met the sunrise Sunday in the Citabria just because. Life is GOOD!

Jim
    Last edited by Jim Rosenow; 05-04-2015 at 02:24 PM.

Yep, got 6.5 hrs instruction with John Blum in his Pitts S2B out of Rocky Mountain Metro (New Attitude Aerobatics; http://www.flyaerobatics.com). I can now land an S2B without scaring small children and dogs. Thank you John!

Name:  55DodgeCourtesyCar.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  15.3 KBYep, flew around some weather for breakfast and took the 55 Dodge courtesy car to breakfast. Friend Roger L. at the controls
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

Post Mills, Vermont was abuzz with activity. We launched over a dozen sailplanes both days (half flew 500+ km); put up balloons every morning and evening, and strafed the Connecticut River Valley in Cubs and Champs a couple times.

This weekend: rain! But that will give us time to prepare for Brian Boland's annual Experimental Balloon and Airship Association Meet this month, the 15th through the 17th. Boland tried to get a lighter than air division started at EAA, but Paul wasn't into hot air, other than his own, so Boland formed the EBAA, decades ago. The EBAA Meets are like a small version of Oshkosh (and I mean Oshkosh, before it went corporate and was rebranded AirDisney) for LTA's, but without Zaug's food tents and their blue polyester clad Zaug's dogs.

Heck yea! Planes of Fame Airshow in Chino, CA, showing off our (Mooney's) new baby
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Blum View Post
    Heck yea! Planes of Fame Airshow in Chino, CA, showing off our (Mooney's) new baby
    Why does she look like a Cirrus with an Aero Commander Darter's tail? I don't mean to criticize, but one of the coolest aspects of Mooneys is that they've always cut quite a figure with their distinctive, trademark profile. This one looks like every other glass production airframe, except with a funny tail. I hope in its recent reorganization, Mooney didn't hire decision makers from the Detroit auto industry, or producers from Hollywood, who are so risk adverse, they just copy whatever their competition has recently had success with, in hopes they can cash in on trends they didn't set.

I wish each aircraft company could choose their own aerodynamics, but Mother Nature doesn't allow that. We all play by the same rules. The all-new M10 is all Mooney. From the forward swept vertical (look at 25% chord), completely carbon fiber airframe, all straight leading edges (actually all the surfaces are forward swept), push-pull tube flight controls throughout, simplicity, efficiency and attention to detail. We're looking at 160kts (fixed gear) on 133 HP and 180kts (retract) on 152 HP. Oh, and all for 6.6 GPH ... of Jet A.

On a funny note, you live up to your name :o) If you plan to be at Oshkosh, I would love to give you a personal tour of the airplane and explain why our new baby is ALL Mooney. Safety, Speed and Style.

I know that this sounds like an ad, but I think it is important that everyone knows that the "spam can" companies are doing everything that they can to be innovative and new ... and fun ... just like EAAers. Ironically, the first four M10s that we build play by EXACTLY the same rules that homebuilders do. We're in the same EXPERIMENTAL category. Looking forward to meeting you at Oshkosh :o)