Thread: Zenith 701 and Pilot sizes?

Zenith 701 and Pilot sizes?

I'm trying to figure out if I should even consider a Zenith 701 since I'm 6' tall 220 lbs & size 13 shoes?

Thanks in advance!

Got an answer to my own question this evening. Went out to my local airport and was talking to my SP/CFI and he said come with me. We went out on the flight line and I got to sit in a 701. With bubble doors elbow and shoulder room was ok. Head room was close but if it got the same mod to raise the roof that the later CH750 can do, that part would be ok. My knees cleared the panel ok but were so high that the center mounted Y control stick had less that half of it's left of center travel before unavoidably contacting my leg/knee. So not an aircraft I will ever be able to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by GregD View Post
    Got an answer to my own question this evening. Went out to my local airport and was talking to my SP/CFI and he said come with me. We went out on the flight line and I got to sit in a 701. With bubble doors elbow and shoulder room was ok. Head room was close but if it got the same mod to raise the roof that the later CH750 can do, that part would be ok. My knees cleared the panel ok but were so high that the center mounted Y control stick had less that half of it's left of center travel before unavoidably contacting my leg/knee. So not an aircraft I will ever be able to fly.
    I'm not really sure what aircraft you're interested in but I thought I'd mention the Evektor Sportstar. I'm 6'1, 270 with size 14s. I fit the Sportstar just fine with an average size instructor. They are available in a quick build kit and can be had on the used market pretty reasonably. I actually flew down to Sun N Fun with my instructor from northern Ky a few years ago in one, and other than the thinly padded seats, it was great comfort wise for an over 7 hour flight. I can't tell you how many LSAs I've sat in and I can't even close the door on most of them. Lol

STOL

Quote Originally Posted by GregD View Post
    I'm trying to figure out if I should even consider a Zenith 701 since I'm 6' tall 220 lbs & size 13 shoes?

Thanks in advance!

Myself... I'm building a STOL "Wittman Buttercup"

But the guys at the "Wings Forum" seem to have nice aircraft with the "JUST" Highlanders...

http://www.wingsforum.com/viewforum....5bddfbc175a608

Those 701's fly nose high.... Don't like that...
    Gotta Fly...
    JAM

Buttercup - STOL - Aircraft
    "Buttercup" Building Log

Buttercup in EAA Article
    Attached Images Attached Images