Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good Thread on EAA Direction

Yep, every Saturday, for the most part. Holiday weekends sometimes get in the way, but usually 50 or so weekends a year!

Sorry for the thread creep y'all...
    Chad Jensen
    EAA #755575

Mike, re church:
    I heard a great talk at EAA some years back on emergency procedures for pilots, forced landings, that sort of things.
    The speaker was an expert pilot , CFI, and all that; but even more he was a full time minister in his regular life.
    As for going to church, he said, "Guys, I know a lot of you aren't going to be at church every Sunday morning; that you may be at the airshow or the airport or the football game, or race track, etc.
    But you ought to get by church often enough to stay in touch, and be familar.
    Because the first thing you are going to do if you really get in trouble in an airplane is start talking to the Lord and trying to make a deal.
    Kind of like, Oh, Lord just let me find a hole to get down VFR, and I promise not to push the weather next time!
    And when you call up the Lord to make this deal, it would be best if he recognized your voice and did not put you on hold to call back later."
    It's a funny take on pilots, but there is a lot of truth there also.

I like that.

The way things go for me if I screw up I will probably do a really good job of it & need some divine intervention.