Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Why do people call Condition Inspections " Annuals"

Byron J. Covey
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Giger View Post
    Even when we dislike the larger organization, the localized conditions can overcome it. It's the classic "I hate Congress, but my Congressman is a good guy" state of affairs.
    And that is the genesis of the professional politician, and reason that we have the elected representatives that we do have.

BJC

Nobody has talked about Experimental exhibition and the other types of Experimental. I understand that if it is registered as Experimental of any type it does not require and A/I for the condition inspection? Or am I in the wrong thread?
    Raylon Rogers

You are correct. Only type certificated airplanes require an IA to do the Annual condition inspection. All Experimental airplanes that do not hold this type certificate get a Condition inspection and any A&P can sign this inspection as can the builder if he/she holds the repairman's certificate.

You are in the correct thread.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Raylonr View Post
    Nobody has talked about Experimental exhibition and the other types of Experimental. I understand that if it is registered as Experimental of any type it does not require and A/I for the condition inspection? Or am I in the wrong thread?
    Raylon Rogers
    Good a thread as any, and you are not correct, for example a type certificated airplane that has been placed in the experimental category for something like research and development must continue to be maintained and inspected as prescribed by Part 43.

Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    Good a thread as any, and you are not correct, for example a type certificated airplane that has been placed in the experimental category for something like research and development must continue to be maintained and inspected as prescribed by Part 43.
    Right on! Is is only when an aircraft is ORIGINALLY certificated in an experimental category that Part 43 does not apply. If the aircraft first held some other type of certificate (typically standard) and is later issued an experimental certificate, then Part 43 still applies and all requirements must continue to be met.
    Cheers!

Joe

To echo Marty and Joe...14 CFR Part 43, paragraph 43.1:

(b) This part does not apply to -

(1) Any aircraft for which the FAA has issued an experimental certificate, unless the FAA has previously issued a different kind of airworthiness certificate for that aircraft...

(Emphasis added)

Ron Wanttaja