Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Navworx ADS-B Installation

Quote Originally Posted by cub builder View Post
    OK, I get it. This thread is a NavWorx Advertisement and I'm putting flies in the ointment.
    This is not an advertisement for Navworx, but a product demonstration. We were not contacted by or hired by Navworx to do this video. We were so happy with the installation done by Anthony at Arispe Aviation in the Cessna, that we asked him to help us make this video.
    Last edited by FunInAviation; 04-10-2015 at 05:33 AM.

>> The more remote you are, the less ADS-R traffic you see as you are relying on Center's radar to see the traffic

If you're relying on radar to see traffic, the 1090 reception isn't going to help you... 1090 reception only lets you see ADS-B 1090 out targets, not the mode A and C targets illuminated vp by center radar.

paul

Quote Originally Posted by cub builder View Post
    ...There are a lot of places for that scenario to fail, and my experience is that it fails much of the time, especially when either remote or at lower altitudes, like nearing an airport to join the traffic pattern when you would most like to have the device calling out traffic....Since my planes are E-AB, I don't care about the TSO.

-Cub Builder
    Don't care about the TSO. Me, neither. What is the minimum baksheesh required to keep flying? If I pay it, will the blackmailers pause long enough for me to afford to keep buying fuel until I medical out? Will any of my bribes deliver the weather info my taxes are already broadcasting? The purported monumental and unprecedented collision avoidance benefit is bogus since neither sUAS nor the #1 collision hazard in the world (birds) don't and won't be equipped with ADS-B out. So what's the mordita? But hey, that's just me, I'm weird that way. Yeah, really, it will be better than sliced bread AND strawberry margaritas together.