Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: April fools joke

April fools joke

I see an announcement at the end of March that a B-52 will be in attendance and on display during OSH. However, my Sport Aviation magazine, which announced the B-25 and Lancaster, made no mention of the B-52. Possibly it was in the previous issue?? I also have not seen anything in this forum on the B-52 arrival and display.

I grew up under the glide path to Offutt AFB and remember seeing many B-52s overhead when they would call on Offutt. Yes, before that, the occasional B-36. It might have been Ft Crook back then.

Looking forward to seeing the B 52, thinking of Major Kong and General Turgidson at the same time. (You youngsters will have to look that up .)
    Larry Nelson EAA 35011
    President EAA Chapter 821
    Springfield, MO
    PA 30 / Cessna 195

Banned
    Not quite. Seek(search) and ye shall find.

http://eaaforums.org/showthread.php?...t=B-52+Oshkosh

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Fenwick View Post
    I see an announcement at the end of March that a B-52 will be in attendance and on display during OSH. However, my Sport Aviation magazine, which announced the B-25 and Lancaster, made no mention of the B-52. Possibly it was in the previous issue??
    There's lots of lead time required for a printed magazine. The April edition was probably in production at the time the announcement was made. It might make it in the May issue.

As, as Floats said, the OshBuff announcement had been posted here.

Ron Wanttaja

I did a search using every permutation of "B-52" and got "no matches". Possibly the search feature only searches the sub-forum your are in at the time.???? But then I found another mention of the B-52 in another thread on the Airventure Forum.....don't know why the search feature did not pick that up. Maybe I was not hold my mouth correctly.
    Larry Nelson EAA 35011
    Springfield, MO
    PA 30 / Cessna 195

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Fenwick View Post
    I did a search using every permutation of "B-52" and got "no matches". Possibly the search feature only searches the sub-forum your are in at the time.???? But then I found another mention of the B-52 in another thread on the Airventure Forum.....don't know why the search feature did not pick that up. Maybe I was not hold my mouth correctly.

You know, I just did a bit of experimentation. The "Search" function doesn't seem to work for most aircraft designators. I searched for B-52, RV-7, and KR-2 and didn't get a hit...despite a thread list showing one with "KR-2" in the title. I think the hyphen is throwing the search function off.

So something weird definitely is going on. Paging Hal....

Ron Wanttaja

Test: Trying without hyphens: B52, RV7, KR2. Might also be related to the combination of a number and letters.
    Last edited by rwanttaja; 04-15-2015 at 02:58 PM.

I tried, B52, B-52, B 52, and Stratofortress....nothing worked
    Larry Nelson EAA 35011
    Springfield, MO
    PA 30 / Cessna 195

Banned
    Type B52 Oshkosh and scroll down the page.

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    Type B52 Oshkosh and scroll down the page.
    The trouble is, you get the same results if you include "B52" or not. The Forum doesn't help you look for postings about particular aircraft, if you use a search term that includes a number (e.g., "RV-6" give no results while "Lancair" does).

Hal, this is kind of a drawback for an aviation forum....

Ron Wanttaja

The - is punctuation and the board doesn't index for search things less than four characters long. Try "B*52"

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    The - is punctuation and the board doesn't index for search things less than four characters long. Try "B*52"
    Oooo, good catch, Ron. Wonder if there's any way for Hal to get the hyphen defined as a wild card character? That would fix the problem....

Ron Wanttaja