I need some help as I plan my build of an Evans Volksplane. I have tried the Yahoo! Volksplane group but it seems to be filled with either guys who own but never built a Volksplane or are like people you find in the model airplane forums, full of crap and just waiting to spew it all over you. Those few who did build their own planes in that group are really nice people, about 2 of them....

I don't belong to a local chapter of EAA because I really hate belonging to groups to be honest. That said, I am not stupid and know I need some outside technical assistance or I will become another statistic!

How do I go about finding a good person to help me and review images I have done in CAD to determine if I am on the right track? I look at photos of other people's builds and see a vast discrepancy in what I am reading in the plans and what I see in their photos. Who is right? Am I reading the plans wrong? Can't really ask those sorts of questions without starting a flame war!

I just need a wood aircraft expert builder to answer some questions. Doesn't matter if he's local or not or a VP builder! I am in the early stages of planning. I have put 98% of the plans into CAD and will be producing the CAM files for use on a CNC in early to mid 2012. It would be nice to have someone to do a sanity check now while it hasn't cost me anything but time!

Thanks for your help!

John