Thread: A Much Anticipated Bless-ed Event

Banned

A Much Anticipated Bless-ed Event

No, it's not the second coming although today is Easter Sunday.

According to the North Bay Business Journal, Icon will deliver the first 20 customer A5's this year beginning in mid-August when their production facility in Vacaville, Calif. is completed. Four production aircraft are currently completing flight verification testing. CEO Hawkins says this will rise to 400 deliveries in 2016 and eventually up to 1000 per year in the future.

More than 1250 pre-orders are on the books says Icon but a customer who recently placed an order says he was given number 1526.

Note that these stated first deliveries are after the end of Oshkosh. Given their marketing proclivities, I find it very difficult to believe that at the very least Customer Delivery #1 won't take place at Oshkosh in front of the teeming hordes of the public and the aviation and general media. They have never missed an opportunity to gain maximum exposure, publicity and awareness.....without spending dime one.

Anyone taking bets??

I hope it turns out to be a great little airplane and rousing success.

Not my cup of tea, but I'd definitely walk up to one and talk to the owner with your standard starry-eyed aviator appreciation.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

what a nice plane. Did the Glass Goose have a baby