Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sport Twin II Waiting For FAA Inspection

Sport Twin II Waiting For FAA Inspection

Name:  DSC01172.jpg
Views: 1021
Size:  74.1 KB

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    That looks SO inviting ...!

(That cart off to the left reminds me a lot of a couple of courtesy cars I've come across ... )

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

What are we looking at here... a twin engine push pull Quicksilver?

I'd like to know flight performance! Hope it will be posted

Looks to be on floats too!!
    Chad Jensen
    EAA #755575

Sport Twin II

Yes this is a Quicksilver Sport II With 503 Engines. Inspection over passed but not as light sport because of twin engines. You must have private pilot with multi engine and sea plane multi engine. I will fly off the 40 hours in the spring. I do not have multi eng sea and it would be so expensive I probably will not persue that rateing.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by ercouper View Post
    Yes this is a Quicksilver Sport II With 503 Engines. Inspection over passed but not as light sport because of twin engines. You must have private pilot with multi engine and sea plane multi engine. I will fly off the 40 hours in the spring. I do not have multi eng sea and it would be so expensive I probably will not persue that rateing.
    Since it's registered experimental you can legally fly it solo with nothing more than PP-ASEL as long as the operating limitations don't forbid it...

I think and I could be mistaken but if it has 2 engines on it you must be rated for twin engines to fly it. At that was my understanding. Doesn't matter if it is a barn door or an ultralight or an LSA the twin thing applys. The little Twin Bee electric airplane that has been in the news lately must be flown by a person with a twin engine rating.

No, the regulations allow you to fly just about anything (solo only) if it's an experimental. I don't remember the precise section of the regulations but it came up recently on another forum. The aircraft's operating limitations, though, may have language requiring an appropriately rated pilot.

A person holding a student pilot certificate can solo just about anything* without a rating but with the appropriate instruction and an instructors endorsement.
    And a person that holds any higher certificate (Light Sport, Recreational, Private, Commercial, ATP) can also solo anything without a rating. The question remains: does this solo flight require an instructors endorsement?
    One instructor told me that this endorsement is not required. (even if not experimental)
    Bill

* IFR flight requires an instrument rating
    Last edited by Bill Berson; 10-29-2011 at 06:33 PM. Reason: add IFR comment