Thread: Theatre in the Woods

Theatre in the Woods

Hi, as an Oshkosh newbie i am afraid i may have to post lots of silly questions that most people will go "oh dont you know that". So here is the first one.

Theater in the Woods :- Do you have to book this or do you just turn up with a blanket and some food and have a gentle evening picnic while listening to whatever is on?

Thanks in advance.
    Andrew

Banned
    Welcome to Oshkosh and the Forum where questions are always welcomed and even tolerated. Sometimes you might even get correct answers. No bookings required, just turn up for whatever evenings activities strike your fancy. Depending on the program and the anticipated turnout, you can come earlier and get a seat under the roof. Or bring chairs and sit on the sides or at the back on pavement or grass. Evenings can be warm so subject to your age, blankets are optional.

There's usually not any problem getting seats in the chairs for most of the events.
    Some of the bigger names like Lt. Dan Band or that puppet guy get a bit more crowded.

Still missing the Kids From Wisconsin (but not so much the belly button guy).

I was there for the 25th anniversary of the Apollo landings when they had Armstrong, Aldrin, Collins, Cernan, etc, for an evening of reminiscing, stories, jokes, and questions. My buddy and I grabbed our chairs at 5pm (3 hours before the start!!!) and just managed to sit in about row 20. There were people as far as the eye could see in every direction by the time the main event started. I think EVERYONE who was camping at Osh that year was there

Unbelievable evening....
    -------------------
    Mark
    EAA 367635
    President EAA 245

1979 Maule M5-235C C-GJFK
    RV-8 C-GURV (Sold)
    Bearhawk #1078 C-GPFG (under construction)

Speaking of Theater in the Woods; it occurs to me when I reminisce over all of the various activities I have enjoyed at AirVenture over the years, Theater in the Woods seems to give rise to fond memories more frequently than almost any other activity. I get the warm fuzzies thinking about so many different programs I have experienced there. Camping in Scholler and enjoying and establishing friendships, is also right up there.

I just say this for anybody who hasn't yet experienced Oshkosh and who may think Theater in the Woods might just be some dull boring event and might avoid it, you are in for a pleasant surprise. More often than not, when I think about Oshkosh, my mind is drawn to memories of Theater in the Woods. For me, a lot of personal and emotional bonding has taken place there.

Russ Zimmerman
    EAA Member #292524
    "Thanks Paul"