Thread: Aircraft Re Registration

Aircraft Re Registration

Last year doing that aircraft reregistration was a major pain in the posterior, so I wasn't looking forward to doing it again this year, but I just did it on line, I hope.
    And if I can do it on a computer, most anyone can.

It is still a pain, but now I would call it a minor one.

The letter I got gave me 2 months till expiration so that is one good thing, not rushing. I tried it online once and gave up , but finally got it to work today, took maybe 20 minutes of which only about 2 minutes was for cursing. And that is not something related to a cursor.

It still is a little frustrating since it is a totally useless make work program, will not aid safety in any way or help me fly, but it has to be done, and could be worse.

Never speak too soon, when it comes to a computer. I am now getting a repeated message on my screen the "this document flailed to print" referring to my copy of the registration. However I have right here in my hand the copy that I just printed out.

It's not hard as long as you have:

Zero Changes
    The magic number from the renewal letter.

If you don't have the number of you need to make any changes, it's a pain in the butt. Aircraft registration is one of the most screwed up and bureaucratic morasses I've ever seen. It took 30 seconds at Oshkosh to get my wife's name changed when we got married on her pilot's certificate. It took me 14 years to get it fixed on the aircraft registration. Don't get me started.