Thread: 8' wingspan? Model of Eastern Airlines jet to be auctioned 4-19-15 Shartlesville PA

8' wingspan? Model of Eastern Airlines jet to be auctioned 4-19-15 Shartlesville PA

Plane, not jet.

I cant seem to provide a link, but on Auctionzip I see a listing for an "8X8" model of an older Eastern Airlines plane. It is mounted on a pedestal. Auction date is 19 April 2015 in Shartlesville PA. It will probably bring more than I should spend, but I wanted to share this with this board since the plane would make one awesome lawn ornament or lobby / man cave item. Just thought you'd like to know. Maybe someone can add a link? Is there anywhere to buy large scale models to use as lawn ornaments? Thanks, Henry
    Last edited by Glider-Rider; 03-22-2015 at 06:53 PM.

Thank you for posting the link. Connie's, not familiar with that term.

I cant attend the sale. My wild guess, it may bring maybe $2K or more. IDK

Connie's, not familiar with that term.
    That's short for Lockheed Constellation, the type of plane in the picture.

Larry N.

Thank you Larry! Considering that I have a picture of one right behind me as I type, I must be having more senior moments. The one in my pic has stars on the wing etc, I never realized it was the same model plane.

I got some pics at auction which I believe probably came from a military base. I got the "Connie", one Lockheed Ventura, (dropping bombs), "Up from the sea in subs", "Up and at em", and my favorite, "The raising of the flag at Iwo Jima" among others.