Thread: Boomerang back in flight

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Boomerang back in flight

Nice article and video on the Boomerang here.

http://www.kjct8.com/news/28602277/detail.html

More than once it mentions that Oshkosh is the world's second largest airshow... so what is #1???

Isn't Paris usually touted as being the "World's Largest Airshow"??? That's my guess...
    Chad Jensen
    EAA #755575

The Boomerang is just too cool....

I need to find the comparison that someone just did between Oshkosh and Paris.

[edit] here it is

Last edited by Adam Smith; 07-20-2011 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith View Post
    I need to find the comparison that someone just did between Oshkosh and Paris.

[edit] here it is

Actually had the opportunity to go to the Paris Air Show this year. Granted, I showed up on the last Sunday, but it was kinda disappointing. The vast majority of the vendors were gone. And the static displays were extremely limited. No roaming among rows and rows of aircraft there. Keep in mind also that of the 7 days that the Paris Air Show is going on, only three of those days are open to the public. I suspect the vast majority of the vendors that weren't there on Sunday, were only there for the non-public days. Just a guess on my part though.

Unless you work for a government or a major airline, Oshkosh is a MUCH better airshow!!
    Someday I'll come up with something profound to put here.

Never been to the Paris show, but I can't imagine it would even come close to how good Oshkosh is...
    Chad Jensen
    EAA #755575

That is very funny, and like so much good humor, it is the exaggeration of a truth that makes humor sometimes.
    Now I haven't been to the Paris show, but I'd add a few more categories, Good food there and nearby, Paris + 100; Best overall museum nearby, Paris +50, (ever been to the Lourve ,sp?) Best Lake nearby, Osh + 25, Best river nearby, Paris +20, Nicest people, at the show and around the area, Osh +500; Best wine, Paris +100, Best gen and sport aviation, Osh +500, Most hours of obnoxious jet noise, Paris -25, Most hours of fine Merlin music, Osh +25, and so on. You can come up with you own categories. Maybe most history in the area. Paris +500.

That is AWESOME!!
    Chad Jensen
    EAA #755575