Thread: Looking for help identifying this JET engine...

Looking for help identifying this JET engine...

Picked this up from a friend who got it from a friend who got it on ebay. There were 4 of them in the lot. No manufacturer information is stamped on them, all part numbers come up blank in Google. Would like to try to identify it, or find someone who can help me figure out how to get it running. Probably just to put on a test stand to make some noise. Any help or direction on who to talk to would be appreciated. Thx
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Interesting. Cool. I guess that its a turbine? You can make a turbojet from an old supercharger or turbocharger. Looks like that black thing on the front is an oil reservoir. Could it be upside down and that's the drain plug? That other thing near the inlet could be a fuel or oil pump. Maybe even an air starter. How do you mount it? Engine mt lugs? Is there a fuel control anywhere? BTW, where is the starter? Wt, length, dia?

If you can reach the innards, see if it looks like a supercharger. It sure looks "home brew." If I made it, I would remove all data plates, etc before I put it on Ebay. Keep us informed.

Looks like an APU turboshaft engine with a few pieces missing, like the shaft! The aft turbine wheel is probably gone, too. You could try converting it to a pure jet, if you have the knowledge to...or know someone who does. If you get all the components to make it run, and get it running, you probably wouldn't get much thrust out of it, but it would make some noise, especially if the wheels started throwing blades. Be careful!