Thread: Steel Suppliers

Can someone recommend -Steel Suppliers

I am looking for suppliers for 1010 steel for tubes (2in. And 1 7/8in. (.035). as well as SAE 1025 sheet metal (.035) Does anyone know where I can find these specs or what an acceptable alternate might be? The materials are to fabricate an exhaust. I used to use get things at a place in Dillsburg PA but the gentleman retired his business.
    Last edited by Ckarpenk; 03-10-2015 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Had not received any responses. Hoping this offers clarity

Plain carbon steel will not have thermal oxidation resistance for an exhaust system. It will oxidize quickly and fall apart. 304 Stainless or 321 is preferred because of it's oxidation resistance.
    These materials cost ~5X more than plain steel but will last. By the time you form/weld an exhust system, the material cost will be a fraction of the expense, so use good materials. You can mock up with cheap stuff and then make the flying hardware out of stainless.

Byron J. Covey
    I did some business with Tubesales many years ago. They now are part of http://www.twmetals.com

You might take a look at them.

BJC