Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harrison Ford

Quote Originally Posted by raytoews View Post
    CNN has a reasonable piece. Quoted an FAA guy and Tom Haines. Scary Mary was quoted as saying airplanes get more dangerous as they get older. Duh

Ray
    1. An aircraft, indeed anything mechanical, is only as old as the money spent on it.
    2. If old airplanes are so unsafe, how'd they get so old?
    Chuckle. Scary Mary. Why do they bother to ask her? Same reply, every time. "Aircraft are all inherently unsafe, pilots are all incompetent, send me more money for more studies."
    Last edited by Mike M; 03-07-2015 at 07:50 AM.

There is surprisingly huge amount of speculation on what happened prior to the crash The turnaround maneuver and all that
    In the Fox article it said he was 20 minutes into the flight 3000 feet high and half mile away from the airport. Am I the only one who read this ?
    there are at least two videos, one short snippet when he is pretty high, hard to tell exactly but maybe 1000 feet
    the other longer shows a longer straight line descent until it goes below the trees .

If these numbers are correct , then he missed an airport of the size of a small European country from 3000 feet that was right under-need him.
    Disclaimer ; opinions of others will vary depending on what they’re selling.

http://the-grand-design.com/

You are willing to assume the worst of a pilot based on information provided by the same people who tell you that airplanes get more dangerous as they get older?

Best of luck,

Wes
    N78PS

I don't assume anything,
    this is a reported statement by City Manager Elaine Polachek who got it from air traffic controllers.
    there are two sources that would know for sure, The traffic controllers an Harrison f
    Ford himself
    when you find better info let me know, If Mr Harrison calls, don't forget to ask

Happy landings to you
    Last edited by George Sychrovsky; 03-09-2015 at 11:49 AM.
    Disclaimer ; opinions of others will vary depending on what they’re selling.

http://the-grand-design.com/

He wasn't 3,000 feet over the airport. He was cleared for takeoff and 90 seconds later he reported an engine failure. Listen to LiveAtc: http://archive-server.liveatc.net/ks...2015-2200Z.mp3

Cleared for takeoff +19:43
    Engine failure +21:15