Thread: Help

Help

Hello everyone. I'm new to the EAA but have been involved in avation for the last 30 years. I fly a 62 Piper Colt PA22 108, but also have two exp aircraft. Roterway EXC 90 and a Smyth Sidewinder purchased as a not dun project a year ago.
    Im trying to locate plans for the original wing fuel tanks or tanks thak can be located for sale. Rumor has it there might also be TIP tanks out there . Any help would be appreciated from any of you WINDER guys or anyone with some ideas.
    HOOT

I looked around for a builder's group for the Smythe Sidewinder but no luck. I'd contact the owner of the design (http://www.homebuilt.org/kits/eu-wish/eu-wish.html) if you're missing the page for the tanks.

Hope this helps.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

I tried to contact the people at EU-Wish a couple years back when I was looking at a Sidewinder project that was missing some of the plans. At that time their phone was disconnected & they did not reply to email or regular mail. I know some people that have lived in the Hermann area for several generations & as far as they knew none of the locals knew any way to contact them or if there was even anyone living there. If I remember correctly there was a small Yahoo group that was not very active.

Hi Mike. Thanks for the reply. I have been trying everywhere. Someone out ther must have tip tank plans or tanks . From what I understand they were an option and outsourced. I guess we can call it I WISH now..
    Hoot

Hi Frank. Tried all of that. It is now I WISH. I wish I could find tip tanks.
    HOOT