Thread: New Member first time builder

New Member first time builder

Hi,
    I just joined today as I have purchased a Wag-Aero Sportsman 2+2 project. I am a first time builder. Is there a way to see EAA members in my community to get some ideas/help etc? I live in Wichita Falls, TX.
    Thanks
    Alan

That's great! You can find out if there is an EAA chapter in your town, contact them, attended the meetings and someone will be able to get you on your way.

What stage is your project at?

project status

The phone number listed is disconnected on my local chapter listed... The project is a completely welded fuselage from Wag and all other kits. Only additional work done is it is on landing gear. I am preparing to start the wings.
    Thanks!
    Alan

Byron J. Covey
    Quote Originally Posted by asizemore View Post
    Hi,
    I just joined today as I have purchased a Wag-Aero Sportsman 2+2 project. I am a first time builder. Is there a way to see EAA members in my community to get some ideas/help etc? I live in Wichita Falls, TX.
    Thanks
    Alan
    There are lots of sport airplanes, many E-AB, in your area. Call them and introduce yourself.

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinqu...CHITA&PageNo=1

Good luck with your project.

BJC

No way - just find out where and when the next meeting is and show up carrying an airplane part. That's what I did!

Trust me, they'll all introduce themselves and ask who you are and begin to answer a lot of questions.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Byron J. Covey
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Giger View Post
    No way - just find out where and when the next meeting is and show up carrying an airplane part. That's what I did!

Trust me, they'll all introduce themselves and ask who you are and begin to answer a lot of questions.
    See post #3.

Hi Alan,
    I've been scratch building my 2+2 and am ready to do the sheet metal on the fuselage with wings and everything else ready to cover. I have a detailed web site you can take a look at; everything I have learned along the way is on the web site with a pretty easy to access index of all the topics. Its a great project and I'm looking forward to getting ready to fly in a year or so. Check out the web site and see if it is helpful. Let me know If I can help.
    Marty
    www.marty2plus2.com

Marty 2+2

Hi Marty,
    Wow fantastic website and really great work.
    I suspect you will be getting question from me. 😀
    thanks
    Alan

Nice looking project Marty... Good looking Craftsmanship !

Go out to the airport and ask around who's building their own plane, then track them down and ask them when and where the next Chapter meeting is. I've been to many meetings at many different chapters and they are a mixed bag. Most are very friendly and inviting, but some are cold and they won't acknowledge you, let alone talk to you. In those cases, you have to stand up and announce yourself when they ask for "any other new business," or just wander around during the break and initiate conversations with people, asking if they know who has experience with Cubs and WagAero designs.

If you really want it: find out where it is and go out and get it!