Thread: Requesting Update on an eaa.org Page

Requesting Update on an eaa.org Page

I'm not sure where to ask for changes on eaa.org, so I'll try here.

Can the page
    EAA.org -> Chapters -> Resources -> Administration -> Renewal Forms

http://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/eaa-chapte...-renewal-forms

go to the renewal forms?
    http://www.eaa.org/apps/chapters/main.aspx

It still says 'Coming Soon'.

None of our four 2014 officers said they received the original email with the correct link, but one has said he got the 2nd notice.

Thanks,
    Paul
    Last edited by PaulDow; 02-09-2015 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Added link to form pages

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Hi Paul -

I just sent a note to our IT department. I'll let you know as soon I have a clearer understanding as to where we are with this.

Thanks, and our apologies for the confusion -

Hal

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Thank you for the suggestion. Since the audience for the renewals was pretty targeted (the four officers you mentioned), we thought it best to communicate the details of the new electronic renewal process directly via email (vs. posting the link to the renewal form). We should have worded this situation better on the webpage you referenced though, so we will review that page to see how we can reduce the confusion.

We’re sorry that these renewal emails didn’t get through to everyone in your Chapter leadership. This is helpful feedback for us to see where there the issue may be. As you can imagine, the first time with a new process, especially an electronic one, has resulted in a number of opportunities for us to improve for next time.

Again, we certainly apologize for the confusion. Please contact us at chapters@eaa.org if you have more questions.

Thanks for the replies Hal & Bret,

I understand it's a new process, so the apologies aren't necessary, but are appreciated.

Even though there have been 3 chapter presidents after I served, I seem to still be the person who makes sure a lot of the administrative stuff gets done.

I'm guessing that you looked into the ability of saving a partially complete set of forms since there's that notice at the top of the page. It would probably be some work to do that since a login would be needed with all the commensurate security. Probably not worth the time.

We've got our monthly meeting this Saturday. I'll make sure that it got submitted. Hopefully the airport snow has been moved enough to park some cars.