Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sport Aviation

At least you guys got yours. The mail lady hasn't brought mine yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Switzer View Post
    All our Class III mail (magazines, etc.) seems to follow a schedule of its own. My wife is convinced they spend a day or a week reading her entertainment magazines...and I guess there's a homebuilder working at our USPS distro center as well.

I received my December and January SportAviation magazines three days apart from each other, for example.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Switzer View Post
    Mine came in today. Even in a plastic bag.

Quote Originally Posted by krw920 View Post
    What do you think pays for publishing this magazine you receive for, more or less, free?
    Sorry, I never asked for a magazine. I just wanted a membership, so could be a member of a local chapter, where people actually experiment with aviation. As far as I'm concerned, money on the magazine are wasted. I throw it into recycling right away.

While Mac does seem to have a talent for inciting the herd, I'm not necessarily sure that is a bad thing.

While many are screaming, "off with his head!,"...who would you replace him with?

i can think of some marvelous aviation writers who could likely do better than Mac, but without resurrection, they aren't available to the task.

Quote Originally Posted by TedK View Post
    ...who would you replace him with?
    How about Peter Garrison? He's a good writer, a clear thinker, and has built two experimental aircraft from the ground up - designing them himself.

I'm not hard over about changing anything, but you asked - Mac has gotten better, though.

Ha - saying that reminds me of "Moose Turd Pie", by Utah Phillips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zb1qsVqjwg

Peter Garrison would be my choice, and I said so a few years ago on this forum when Hightower asked for names.
    But Garrison may be too "technical" for the current masses.
    And there was also that time 30 or 40 years ago when Garrison critiqued EAA, and that probably eliminates him forever.

In any case, EAA had announced a few months ago that the new Director has been selected.

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    Sorry, I never asked for a magazine. I just wanted a membership, so could be a member of a local chapter, where people actually experiment with aviation. As far as I'm concerned, money on the magazine are wasted. I throw it into recycling right away.
    Might take your copy and drop it when you get a haircut, waiting room for Dr/DDS or local library. My Chapter saves copies to hand out at airshows or other aviation outreach events. I slip in a chapter business card that tells the date/time/place of our meetings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berson View Post
    Peter Garrison would be my choice, and I said so a few years ago on this forum when Hightower asked for names.
    But Garrison may be too "technical" for the current masses.
    And there was also that time 30 or 40 years ago when Garrison critiqued EAA, and that probably eliminates him forever.
    Wow! sounds like one strike and you are out...no redemption. Kinda like the Communist Party under Stalin. Is EAA really that dogmatic?

Whoa, that's quite an accusation without any basis of fact!

I can think of a dozen reasons why a particular person might not write for SA or the EAA that don't involve an "enemies list" at EAA headquarters.

Sheesh.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.