Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Another virus warning

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    My company's still blocking it...get a red warning banner every time I click the bookmark. Suspect it they need proof to take a site OFF the list.

Too bad, really. My co-workers are missing the hoots of derisive laughter coming from my cubicle during lunch break.....

Ron Wanttaja
    Ron - a possibility for the issue is that someone within your company listed the forums as being suspicious and it may take some time, if ever, before the site is unlisted.

Suggestions from our provider to help us eliminate some options is to first reach out to your company's IT department and see if they have blocked it and are willing to unblock it.

If the warning continue let me know and we can work through some other options.

Thanks!
    Glory

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Aulik View Post
    Ron - a possibility for the issue is that someone within your company listed the forums as being suspicious and it may take some time, if ever, before the site is unlisted.

Suggestions from our provider to help us eliminate some options is to first reach out to your company's IT department and see if they have blocked it and are willing to unblock it.

If the warning continue let me know and we can work through some other options.
    Eh, probably not worth it...there's a process, but I have to state that access is work-related. Ironic, when you consider I work for a major EAA advertiser.....

In other good news, I found that emails from connect@eaa.org are going directly into my Comcast spam folder.....

Ron Wanttaja

Eh, probably not worth it...there's a process, but I have to state that access is work-related. Ironic, when you consider I work for a major EAA advertiser.....

In other good news, I found that emails from connect@eaa.org are going directly into my Comcast spam folder.....

Ron Wanttaja
    Another option is to delete the bookmark and clear any cookies.

Another option is to delete the bookmark and clear any cookies.
    Here's the McAfee site that shows EAA Forums as a high-risk domain:

http://www.mcafee.com/threat-intelli...eaaforums.org/

Offhand, I don't think it's my cookies.....

Ron Wanttaja

Thanks for the heads up, Ron! I have submitted a request to remove it as a high risk domain. No word yet.

Thanks for the heads up, Ron! I have submitted a request to remove it as a high risk domain. No word yet.
    Looks like it worked. McAfee now shows the site as low risk, and I can access it again. Thanks!

If folks complain again about virus warnings, it might be worth another look at the McAfee site to see if eaaforums.org somehow got graduated to a higher risk level.

Ron Wanttaja

Looks like it worked. McAfee now shows the site as low risk, and I can access it again. Thanks!

If folks complain again about virus warnings, it might be worth another look at the McAfee site to see if eaaforums.org somehow got graduated to a higher risk level.

Ron Wanttaja
    Awesome!

I am getting a warning again, every time a page opens on these forums. Tried clearing the cache but it is still there. It wasn't doing this yesterday.

The file name is vbulletincore.js?v=422 path http://eaaforums.org/clientscript/vb...ncore.js?v=422

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Switzer View Post
    I am getting a warning again, every time a page opens on these forums. Tried clearing the cache but it is still there. It wasn't doing this yesterday.

The file name is vbulletincore.js?v=422 path http://eaaforums.org/clientscript/vb...ncore.js?v=422
    Thanks for letting me know! I'll get our provider to look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Switzer View Post

Mike - are you still getting a warning? Our provider has replaced the java script file you provided.