Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Another virus warning

Got it at work today...the whole EAA forum section was classified as a malicious site, and the corporate firewall wouldn't let me access at all. Company uses MacAfee. Warning notice:

URL: http://www.eaaforums.org/
    Categories: Malicious Sites
    Proxy: wp-ewa-02

Ron Wanttaja

Getting virus warning right now, first time for me.

Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    Getting virus warning right now, first time for me.
    I am not getting this anymore. This must be a headache for the IS department. I have never had this on any other website but this one. Someone does not like the EAA. That someone is a jerk. JMO.

Taking a look into it know!

Our provider is still looking into this issue, but suggested clearing out your browser cache first and then seeing if you are still receiving the virus warning.

Checking back here - is anyone still receiving the virus warning?

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Aulik View Post
    Not today.

Glory, what's the story on this? This board is the only one which has ever caused my anti-virus protection to alarm, and it has happened a dozen times or more.

None of the other 10 or so boards I participate in has ever been flagged by my antivirus in the 20 years I've been active on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Aulik View Post
    My company's still blocking it...get a red warning banner every time I click the bookmark. Suspect it they need proof to take a site OFF the list.

Too bad, really. My co-workers are missing the hoots of derisive laughter coming from my cubicle during lunch break.....

Ron Wanttaja

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    My company's still blocking it...get a red warning banner every time I click the bookmark. Suspect it they need proof to take a site OFF the list.

Too bad, really. My co-workers are missing the hoots of derisive laughter coming from my cubicle during lunch break.....

Ron Wanttaja

In a past life, I managed a large SAAS site. Everyone once in awhile, one of customers would do something stupid causing us to get blacklisted. It was a nightmare, because then my staff would have to contact each blacklisting service to get our domain and IPS removed from their list. It's a PITA and a real resource drain, but unfortunately, it's a fact of life today.

where I work now, my company uses Websense and is the process of moving to Intel Security. Websense has always blocked the EAA Forums. If my memory serves me correct, there are five scripts that they didn't like. At the moment, the forums aren't blocked by Intel Security.

if you are really bored, you can check out CSI.websense.com to see what they think about your favorite web site.

the point is that most of us in corporate America have no control over these settings. Flushing our browser cache will have no effect either. The EAA has to work with the major black/white providers to ensure their sites don't get black listed. Yes, coporate IT can over ride these settings. Must will require business justification for the over ride. I don't think many of us can convince IT that there is business justification for forum access at work.

so Ron, I, and many others are sitting in the same boat. Some waiting more patiently than others........
    --
    Bob Leffler
    RV-10 Flying
    www.mykitlog.com/rleffler

Thanks for the info everyone! I will continue to work with out provider to figure this out. Sorry for the inconvenience. Stay tuned for an update!