Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Another virus warning

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Switzer View Post
    I have started getting virus warnings on every new page I open here - all are php files coming from http://st.dynamicwords.us/

Thanks for letting me know, I'll look into it. Are you still having warnings today?

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Aulik View Post
    Thanks for letting me know, I'll look into it. Are you still having warnings today?
    Yes, same thing

Still getting the same virus warnings.

Still getting the same virus warnings.

Our hosting provider performed a scan and everything came up clean. Their thoughts are that this may be a virus on your personal PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Aulik View Post
    Our hosting provider performed a scan and everything came up clean. Their thoughts are that this may be a virus on your personal PC.
    They are wrong. It is still happening, and ONLY on this forum, on multiple machines in my office that I have tried. All machines received a full scan over the weekend. The source is still the URL I reported last week.

Just to be clear - my FIREWALL is indicating the source of the infected files is http://st.dynamicwords.us/

It is coming from outside of my firewall & being blocked.

Just to be clear - my FIREWALL is indicating the source of the infected files is http://st.dynamicwords.us/

It is coming from outside of my firewall & being blocked.
    Thanks for the update, Mike. I will keep looking into this and get it resolved ASAP.

Can you run a Fiddler (HTTP) trace on your end, Mike? From my location, I'm seeing no traffic to the above-mentioned URL. And nothing in my Sophos logs.

The only traffic I can see coming from here is www.eaaforums.org and www.google-analytics.com.

I'm not planning on troubleshooting this any further, but just letting you know what I'm seeing outside of your office.
    Christopher Owens (EAA #808438, VAA #723276)
    Germantown, WI
    Bearhawk Plans #991, Bearhawk Patrol Plans #P313

Mike - please let me know if you are still getting warnings. Our provider replaced a file - hopefully that fixes things.

I am still getting the warning. And Chris, I don't know what Fiddler is, that is a new one for me.

Is it possible the intermittent warnings that some people see & others don't have something to do with the Facebook links on this forum? After I have been here I frequently get aviation related advertising on my Facebook news feed.