Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 98

Thread: Another virus warning

  1. #11

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    FA40
    Posts
    693
    Thanks for checking, Hal, it was beyond my level of expertise. I've been ignoring it when it pops up. This is a used computer, i've already replaced the hard drive once, it's not a big deal to replace if I'd gotten trashed again. But it's good to know it hasn't really been at risk.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    559
    The last 3 times I've come to this site, Norton has issued a warning:

    "Norton blocked an attack by Web Attack: Exploit Toolkit Website 67"

    I'm running IE7 and Norton...

    I've seen this warning before when visiting this site and have never seen it when visiting any other site.

  3. #13
    Mike Switzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    882
    After seeing Kyle's post I updated my antivirus (I do it manually as it sucks so much bandwidth it really interferes if I am actually working) and I reloaded the page and I am not seeing any warnings.

  4. #14
    Dana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    575
    My bookmark for this site is the "new threads" page. Whenever there are no new threads to display, Avast antivirus gives a warning about the page. This started recently, though it has happened in the past as well.

  5. #15
    EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oshkosh, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    1,222
    Thanks all - our hosting provider is investigating now.

    Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime #638979
    Senior Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

  6. #16
    EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oshkosh, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    1,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Boatright View Post
    The last 3 times I've come to this site, Norton has issued a warning:

    "Norton blocked an attack by Web Attack: Exploit Toolkit Website 67"

    I'm running IE7 and Norton...

    I've seen this warning before when visiting this site and have never seen it when visiting any other site.
    Kyle - can you check again? There was a corrupted file in our vBulletin installation that's now been replaced.

    Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime #638979
    Senior Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bryan View Post
    Kyle - can you check again? There was a corrupted file in our vBulletin installation that's now been replaced.
    I am not getting the warning this evening. Thanks for the fix...

  8. #18
    Check 6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    125
    I am getting the same warning through my Norton 360 software. See that attached screenshot of the warning.
    Attached Images Attached Images  


  9. #19
    Dana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    575
    I'm still getting the virus warning, only when I access the new posts link (http://eaaforums.org/search.php?do=g...e=vBForum_Post) and there are no new posts to view. Avast pops up with this:

    Name:  eaa virus.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  18.6 KB

  10. #20

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    I'm still getting the virus warning, only when I access the new posts link (http://eaaforums.org/search.php?do=g...e=vBForum_Post) and there are no new posts to view. Avast pops up with this:

    Name:  eaa virus.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  18.6 KB
    Interesting. I checked, and yes, I do get this warning when there are no new posts to view use the "New Posts" function.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •