Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: musical act suggestions,,,

musical act suggestions,,,

I think a lot of parrot heads lurk here, so I'll suggest these guys for a Carribean night at Oshkosh 2015. http://www.a1a-live.com/bio.html I really like the selection of musical acts that EAA brings in for the nightly shows. Let's see what other suggestions everyone has.

Byron J. Covey
    Quote Originally Posted by RC Gregg View Post
    I think a lot of parrot heads lurk here, so I'll suggest these guys for a Carribean night at Oshkosh 2015. http://www.a1a-live.com/bio.html I really like the selection of musical acts that EAA brings in for the nightly shows. Let's see what other suggestions everyone has.
    I prefer just airplanes and visiting with other attendees, not trying to hear some washed-up band on a stage with horrible acoustics. (I felt embarassed for the Beach Boys' attempt at performing.)

Now if Freddie Mercury were still alive, and the sound system actually worked ....

BJC

How did Paul run things years ago. I do not mean 5 years ago. I mean 40 years ago. Did Paul have Bands in the evening? If he did not then today we should not. Myself I to do not care for the old washed up bands. Now if they would bring in a modern act like

Now we are talking. But again we need to go back to our roots. IMHO.

Tony

Warren Haynes with Gov't Mule

or

Alabama Shakes

Whatever they have it should not be an old band. If people want a newer crowd, have a newer group play. As I posted above there is some good new music out. Its not all crap.

In the old days we'd have nightly music at the Theatre in the Woods, some good, some not so good. I don't mind the Lt. Dan band. I sort of miss the Kids from Wisconsin (figured we might have gotten them back after Glee glorified show choirs for the country). On the other hand, if I never saw Chanda Lear sing again, I'd be happy. Or that belly button guy.

I usually skip the Monday concert, but some Jazz or Big Band could sway me...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1600vw View Post
    Now we are talking. But again we need to go back to our roots. IMHO.

Tony
    Yup, back to our roots as in the genre Roots Music-americana, folk, soul, r&b, blues. Uncle Lucius, great stuff. Here's another great band from the genre.

Life is too short to listen to shi**y music. So for one of the nights other than Monday(yes I understand EAA wants a recognizable name), ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, from Toronto, The Beauties!

http://youtu.be/7OowBzU-Ho0
    Last edited by Floatsflyer; 01-13-2015 at 09:38 PM. Reason: city pride

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    ..... On the other hand, if I never saw Chanda Lear sing again....
    OMG that was bad. I really felt sorry (embarrassed?) for her the one night I saw her there....
    -------------------
    Mark
    EAA 367635
    President EAA 245

1979 Maule M5-235C C-GJFK
    RV-8 C-GURV (Sold)
    Bearhawk #1078 C-GPFG (under construction)

Quote Originally Posted by mazdaP5 View Post
    I usually skip the Monday concert, but some Jazz or Big Band could sway me...
    My wife would be all over that. She'd not miss the opportunity to swing dance.