Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: musical act suggestions,,,

Weird Al Yankovich: Not only is he a real cross generational act, his accordion music would fit right with central Wisconsin!
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

I would like to see Hall & Oats perform at EAA Airventure 2015. They are one of America's greatest bands and they were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in April 2014. Also, John Oates holds a private pilot license since 1985.
    Last edited by Tango; 01-31-2015 at 11:10 PM.

Byron J. Covey
    One of the reasons that I like this forum is that I frequently learn something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhemxpc View Post
    On the down side, according to the study I looked at, music from the 70s and 80s are broadly unpopular among all age groups.
    I didn't even know that there was any music made in the late 70's or any of the 80's.

BJC

Byron J. Covey
    Quote Originally Posted by 1600vw View Post
    just because i still listen to the music of the 70's does not mean i will go and watch these people today. I see nothing fun in watching a gray haired person running around the stage with their shirt off trying to relive the days of past. It would be like trying to watch a 70 year old ball player play ball again. No one wants to see it.
    +1.

Bjc
    Last edited by Byron J. Covey; 02-22-2015 at 06:17 AM.

We'll end up with a DJ playing records? Just think of the $$ savings.

I used to like Sweet Caroline, until I found out it was written with Caroline Kennedy in mind...and she was 11 at the time Neil Diamond wrote the song. Which is kind of creepy when you think of the lyrics in relation to an 11-year-old.

Hall and Oates are playing Madison on July 30th. However I think they won't be in the state for the opening day of the fly-in.

I am not a member of the "greatest generation", but I am nevertheless, an old fart. Even so not having been alive yet during WWII, somehow, and mostly by attending Oshkosh in the 70's and hanging out in the Warbird area, I fell in love with the big band music, or swing music if you will. You know, the Benny Goodman, Glenn Miller, Harry James, etc., etc. I can still recall many walks up to the big food tent up there and enjoying a nice meal while listening to that music.

I know it's a pipe dream, but I'd sure like to show up for the fly in one time and hear that music again. And wouldn't it even be nice if that were the main music attraction on Monday night with a big "swing" dance type theme?

For those that disagree and consider my suggestion (or dream) utter nonsense, that's fine. Nobody has to agree with me or also think that would be a good thing. I'm more than happy to imagine this and enjoy this in my mind all by myself. :-)

Russ Zimmerman
    EAA Member #292524
    "Thanks Paul"

Quote Originally Posted by spongebobiwan View Post
    I am not a member of the "greatest generation", but I am nevertheless, an old fart. Even so not having been alive yet during WWII, somehow, and mostly by attending Oshkosh in the 70's and hanging out in the Warbird area, I fell in love with the big band music, or swing music if you will. You know, the Benny Goodman, Glenn Miller, Harry James, etc., etc. I can still recall many walks up to the big food tent up there and enjoying a nice meal while listening to that music.

I know it's a pipe dream, but I'd sure like to show up for the fly in one time and hear that music again. And wouldn't it even be nice if that were the main music attraction on Monday night with a big "swing" dance type theme?

For those that disagree and consider my suggestion (or dream) utter nonsense, that's fine. Nobody has to agree with me or also think that would be a good thing. I'm more than happy to imagine this and enjoy this in my mind all by myself. :-)
    I like that idea. The idea is a festivity, not a con that the musical act is a "headliner", when in reality their next show is the Park County Fair in WY ( which is my hometown fair ). Very good idea, more like a welcome to Oshkosh. Excellent!

That makes at least 3 of us.

Quote Originally Posted by spongebobiwan View Post

There was a great swing band that played on the main stage last year. Turn out was great and the audience was more into it than the Monday night concert.