Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is AirVenture Dying?

In 2009 we were over at Kidventure, and there was a sign for something something Airventure. One of the girls curiously asked "ooh, what's Airventure?!" That pretty much summed it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Biyu View Post
    Im not from downtown so I don't know loc it connects to some hotel THO
    I think you missed my joke. In any event- the downtown Milwaukee convention center has changed names several times as you mention, but it's a different situation than EAA in that the naming rights for the convention center are sold, whereas "Airventure" was just a branding attempt by EAA. If EAA were to sell the naming rights to the convention "the 2015 Microsoft EAA Convention" for example, that would be more in line with the name changes for the convention center.

Still, for anyone under about 20, I suppose you've always known it as Airventure, but it wasn't always that way.
    Jeff Point
    RV-6 and RLU-1 built & flying
    Tech Counselor, Flight Advisor & President, EAA Chapter 18
    Milwaukee, WI
    "It All Started Here!"

For ten years Roscoe had been saying Air-a-venture. After years of stumping the EAA Air Adventure museum, he couldn't resist putting an extra syllable in it. RIP Roscoe.

Well I'm 25 and I remember the a320 come in I think in like 09 landing at kmke dwarfing our md80s worse then af1 to go to "some airshow in oshkosh" lol yes I am pathetic

and if Microsoft got naming like that you wouldn't see me anywhere up there there's a couple companies I can't stand sure I have a bunch of win computers sure I got a win 8 know how much I use it? Only enough to know how to troubleshoot it if im asked for help (used 95 on to modern) and know what systems I prefer? My mac and even the linux I was running for a bit those are like un killible!

And itd be worse with samsung (my iPhone's have been abused pretty bad some had a galaxy ring 3 weeks in no abuse just in my pocket an inner screen fracture rendering it useless samsung wanted 2 x what I paid to fix it NO basic 30 day or that my 3GS which was much older had an inner screen fracture and it was still usable right to the day uncle took it apart lol)

Oh and btw im 25 a good friend who somehow I no longer hear from was the one to get me into planes been to a couple museums and there's a few planes that I'll never forget lol

It's ALWAYS been Oshkosh and only Oshkosh. And BTW, I like the old original logo best.

Only the EAA calls it Airventure. To the rest of the world outside of Wisconsin, it's Oshkosh. To Wisconsinites it's "The EAA," as in "You're in town for The EAA."

I was talking to one of my coworkers and told him I would be out next week because I was going to Oshkosh and he said "oh, you're going to the EAA?"

Yah Hey der, I didn't know you was from Wisconsin!
    Last edited by FlyingRon; 01-17-2015 at 08:18 AM.

LOL!!!! You just described every conversation I've ever had with my coworkers!

ALWAYS just been Oshkosh to me.

Airventure, Oshkosh. I really do not care what they call it. It is one of the best aviation experiences my wife and I have every year.
    States visited with my Piper Challenger

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Steber View Post
    It's ALWAYS been Oshkosh and only Oshkosh. ....
    Ditto, and always will be. I'll be back again this year - Oshkosh or bust.