Quote Originally Posted by Fastcapy View Post
I was a cop, I decided to change career paths a few years back.

How do you expect me to "explain this unnecessary level of force" when I was not there or involved. You state you were 5 rows away, which is pretty far back in a group of people to know what is actually going down.

How do you know he didn't have a weapon, did you search him prior to the incident? Just because you didn't see one doesn't mean he didn't have one.

How do you know he would have gone peacefully? Do you know of any and all prior contacts they may have had with this individual?

Why were the police there? I doubt they just decided to pick on some old drunk guy. Too much paper work involved to arrest with an old guy having a few drinks and just being annoying.
I didn't expect you to explain this particular event I witnessed. I was hoping that because of your past involvement as law enforcement on the grounds, you could provide us with information on the preparatory sessions you would have been a part of with EAA officials and/or senior police with respect to agreed upon procedures and protocols pertaining to actions to be taken in the face of possible public law breaking. How much discretion did you have?