Had an interesting experience last night. I finally got back to breaking in the engine; I have a new fuel tank that has a protective barrier coating from Eastwood. Anyway, I put about 15 minutes on the engine and when I went to shut her down, it just kept running. I had the cowl off, so I pulled the plug and it still kept running!! There was absolutely no difference in the way it ran or responded to the throttle!!! I finally cut fuel and it quit. I called Leon Massa of Compact radial Engines, the maker of the MZ 34 and he said the engine was dieseling; too much heat was staying in the head. Evidently this has been an issue, because Leon told me he was sending a new improved "cast" head that runs cooler. Its kind of critical in my case because I have a full cowl. Anyway, this cooling issue is the only thing keeping me from my first flight!! I also did a static thrust measurement and I am pulling 210 lbs!! That’s a thrust ratio of .375. Pretty good too, most business jets are around .3. I think I am going to greatly exceed my conservative estimate of 1400 fpm climb rate. The new Bailey 4 stroke seems like its tailor made for this airplane!!

I will be updating the blog with more pictures shortly http://robinultralight.blogspot.com/