Thread: Movie UNBROKEN

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Movie UNBROKEN

I just saw UNBROKEN, based on the true story of Louis Zamperini. He grew up in Calif, was picked on as a kid party due to Italian background, became a track star, ran well in the 1936 Berlin Olympics, the one where Jessee Owens dominated and embarassed Hitler's idea of racial purity. He then became a bombadier in the Pacific in a B-24. Went down at sea and floated in a life raft for more than a month till found barely alive by a Jap ship, taken to prison camp and finally survived the war.

This is not a nice movie to take the kids too, and frankly I don't think many ladies will enjoy it. Half the movie is about the cruelty of the prison guards, one in particular called , "The Bird". After the war a number of war criminal were tried in Japan, a few executed, quite a few imprisoned, and unfortunately this barbaric goon escaped punishment.

Louie had incredible self strength to endure and survive. He even met Billy Graham , became religeous and forgave these people, and went back to Japan to be the Olympic torch runner for the laterTokyo games, when he met some of the former prison guards.
    The main one, the "Bird" did not meet him, nor ever recant his crimes.
    I hope there is a real place, "Hell" and this guy is there.

I also wonder if there is any legal action that a former prisoner could win against a country and espcecially any person for such crimes?
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 12-28-2014 at 01:06 PM.